Google keyboard locks phone up

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I did a search and found nothing about it. So maybe I'm the only one experiencing this.

Whenever I try to use Google keyboard, the phone locks up solid, requiring a reboot. This is new. It worked up until about a week ago, and now, I have to use a different keyboard or it locks up immediately. Very strange!

ATT Skyrocket S II running Android 4.04

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If it was working fine I wonder if something's going on with the version. Have you tried uninstalling it, restarting, and then re-installing it?

Last edited:

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
OK. I uninstalled the Google Keyboard and now I have a new option for keyboards. It's "Android Keyboard". I think I'll try it for a while. It looks a lot like the Google Keyboard, but so far doesn't lock things up. I may reinstall the Google Keyboard at some point if this Android Keyboard isn't to my liking.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I may try Google Keyboard again if they come out with a new release of it that may fix this bug. Meanwhile, I think the Android Keyboard is a pretty good substitute for the Google Keyboard, and it hasn't locked the phone up yet. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87