Anyone ordered there cases yet?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What do y'all think of this kickstand concept? Think it would end-up catching on things, and not recessing all the way, flush, back into it's little cut-out. It looks highly suspect to me: :-\
http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-PopJack-Samsung-Galaxy-Case/dp/B001J5P32K/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1351359877&sr=1-1&keywords=PopJack+Galaxy+S3+Case

Kickstand for both portrait and landscape, very neat. I wonder how firm and steady it is...For such a cheap price I may get it!

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got all cruzerlite cases for the ssg3.. There's 53 in all.. Guess it just turned into a collection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the cruzerlite clear case, but what are some of the best looking cases for this phone? Everything that I've come across is more utility than looks. I mean I like to switch my cases sometimes. Can't be the only one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't really consider cases a fashion statement. I just want something simple that helps protect the phone.

I just use this semi-transparent (smoke colored) silicon case (Rocketfish) with my white S III. Serves it's purpose and I have no need to change it out unless it falls apart.

View attachment 45005

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I didn't order any of those five (less expensive $8.~$10.) cases, that I listed on [page 1]. If I would have, I probably would've ordered at least three of them, so as to decide which one I liked best; I'm not the type, though, who's likely to be changing-out cases that often. So probably would've end-up selling the others on eBay.

Therefore, decided instead to take a chance on ordering one (pricier) case, the UAG Aviator, hoping that it works out fine; the reviews are mostly pretty good. Main concern is whether or not, over time, the softer honeycombed TPU (or rigid plastic interior section) of the case? might cause any buffered/wear marks? on the phones' back cover or sides and corners. :-\
More than one reviewer has complained about the case fitting so tightly? that it loosened & rolled-up the edges of their screen protectors. Others have complained about the fit being so tight that when they tried taking the case off . . it pulled the back of the GS3 off with it, or partially off. :eek:

Nevertheless, as mentioned above, the reviews are mostly pretty good. We'll see. I'll post my review later.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
One question I have about using big or heavy duty cases with the S III is how does it do with the battery heat the phone generates?

Meaning when I play a game on the phone or a similar power hungry app, the battery heat jumps up...I've watched mine peak at around 96 degrees from the normal 80 degrees. So if the case traps in all that heat, won't that kill the phone or battery over time?

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
One question I have about using big or heavy duty cases with the S III is how does it do with the battery heat the phone generates?

Meaning when I play a game on the phone or a similar power hungry app, the battery heat jumps up...I've watched mine peak at around 96 degrees from the normal 80 degrees. So if the case traps in all that heat, won't that kill the phone or battery over time?

I have been using my defender and it actually has not reached the high temps to high 90's. I'm ocd ab a lot of things and temperature is one. I don't want to kill my phone. But I put it to the test and have not found the defender series to be any problems.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been running around naked for a month ! :eek: :-[

But just received this case & also here, today, ($24.99 on Amazon, the day I ordered it last week, but it fluctuates), and it fit's like a great glove. It's slim, like the GS3, and the fit really seems perfect :thumbs up; all buttons work great; all ports are lined-up perfect; no screen protector curl-up; and if I do say so myself . . the Aviator is a pretty cool look? with the pebble blue GS3 ! :cool: In fact, it kinda now looks like my GS3 is ready to go on covert special ops commando missions! :cool: It's Skookum!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty