Galaxy S3 doesn't support mic's on 3rd party headphones...

hmk9r23

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The included headset with my SCH-1535 S3 was fragile and has already broken. It's very disappointing to find that Samsung has designed the S3 this way. It's enough of an issue, that if the next iPhone has a bigger screen, I'll switch back to it and use any of my 3rd party headsets again, like my Bose one's.

acupalypse

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
iphones and samsung supports a wide range of 3rd party products. the pin outs are different for sure, especially for the volume control (notice you can command the phone's volume thru the cable). I've seen certain cables with mic and it's own independent volume control, this definitely works for both phones. Decent manufacturers will explicitly says so and you can be assured it works.

golf hacker

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Great work on the transplant. Can show us / me the wiring diagram? Or do we just follow the color coding in your diagram. What color wire on the S3 button goes to what color on the bose wiring?

GirlGeeksOut

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Which SkullCandy headphones did you use?

I have the SkullCandy Fix with Mic3 (I think) and it won't do anything but play music. All other functionality is lost. These same headphones worked on my HTC OneS android phone with limited functionality (calls would work, but volume control and track control would not). I contacted Samsung customer support and they said that the headphones are not compatible and recommended that I buy their brand (of course). But I've heard mixed messages about the functionality. I even tried turning off "page buddy" to see if that was the problem, but it didn't make a difference.

GirlGeeksOut

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Which Skull Candy headphones did you use?

I have the Fix with Mic3 (I think, although it might be Mic 1) and the only thing that works is the music player. Volume control, track control and phone functions don't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa