Dropped Galaxy S3 now screen is black

David Alsina

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

After an accident in which I fell on the pocket side where my international Galaxy s3 was (never rooted or any other technical mod), the phone was turned off. Now when I turn on the phone it seems to start up, led lights working, buttons work and vibrates quickly when done starting up. However, the screen stays black, also it does not seem to respond to touch either, since I have not been able to unlock the screen (because ledbuttons wont vibrate). As I thought it was the digitizer, I already replaced the screen (whole digitizer) with a brand new one but it did not solve the problem! Does anyone know what is going on with my phone?

Thanks in advance,

David

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you look at any other internals while replacing your digitizer? Clearly, something else hardware related is amiss in there. Without the open phone in front of me I don't dare speculate what.

Hey Guys,

After an accident in which I fell on the pocket side where my international Galaxy s3 was (never rooted or any other technical mod), the phone was turned off. Now when I turn on the phone it seems to start up, led lights working, buttons work and vibrates quickly when done starting up. However, the screen stays black, also it does not seem to respond to touch either, since I have not been able to unlock the screen (because ledbuttons wont vibrate). As I thought it was the digitizer, I already replaced the screen (whole digitizer) with a brand new one but it did not solve the problem! Does anyone know what is going on with my phone?

Thanks in advance,

David

David Alsina

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
While replacing I checked every part/motherboard for damage and couldnt find anything. Only the battery itself has a small dent from the fall. Other than that the whole inside looked totally fine. Does that help?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you install an LCD at the same time as the digitizer? Did it come in as an assembly, or was it just a clear pane of glass?

While replacing I checked every part/motherboard for damage and couldnt find anything. Only the battery itself has a small dent from the fall. Other than that the whole inside looked totally fine. Does that help?

David Alsina

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I will check with my provider but hope to find out what is causing this..Does the motherboard have influence on the ''touch''screen? Its weird the phone doesnt respond to touch although the screen is new.

Btw thanks for the support !

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I will check with my provider but hope to find out what is causing this..Does the motherboard have influence on the ''touch''screen? Its weird the phone doesnt respond to touch although the screen is new.

Btw thanks for the support !

Yeah, it does. At that point you might as well move to Korea and assemble these things. At least you'd be making money rather than spending it! Is the lcd lighting up? If not, I'd be seeing about a replacement part through whoever you bought it from.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87