Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are getting this phone?

4.8 in screen...
nice size battery
great looks in my opinion..
led notifications
sd card... !!!!!!!!!!
MOTHER FNNNN BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR THE NEXT YEAR..... .

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Just like it says. What are some of the cool things that you like about it aside from the obvious 2gb of ram , s4 1.5ghrz , 8mp camera . For me its the cool stay awake , and the cool thing where your texting and the you hold the phone to your ear and it calls that person. Its those things that I like.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Well, the 2GB RAM is a biggie, for obvious reasons.

The 8MP camera is the same MP as the GS2/SR, but the lense/sensor is better (BSI, etc.) and the camera software is improved. That's also a biggie for me (decent lower light 1080p, burst shot, taking shots while shooting video, etc.)

Stay Awake I'll probably always have off, it's not hard to tap the screen or menu button to keep the screen on. Seems like a waste of battery life and it doesn't work in the dark, anyways...

I like S Voice, if only for the basics but I like how it ties into the stock apps as well. I've never had issues with Vlingo accurately recognizing my voice so it should work fine for me.

It has a bigger, replaceable battery compared to the One X. Ilike that hte camera doens't pertrude out the back as much as the one X. Better sound and CODEC support than HTC devices. HD sAMOLED screen. SD Card slot supporting up to 64GB.

Oh, and it has a capacitive menu button. Is samsung the only OEM that sees how idiotic it is to expect users to have to press a menu soft-button all the way across to the top of the screen on a phone this big in so many applications. Yea, good call there...

I dislike TouchWiz and their build materials, but I've watched a ton of reviews and this iteration doesn't seem as bad as TW 3/4. The jury is still out, but at this point that's something I'm willing to deal with, TBH. As long as there aren't any huge performance issues, I'll be a happy camper. I want to know when they're getting released to stores, though. I have to bring my current device back to swap it, and if I'm going to risk running over my 30 days I rather just kill the line, get a cheap feature phone and wait for it to be released.

kev2126

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Because it's not my Palm Pre2. While I think WebOS was/is a good OS I have always liked Android. Just been stuck to a company plan that prevented me from getting the phone I want.

4.8" HD Screen, 2GB of RAM, MicroSD slot, and ICS! Can't wait!

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
i love the features, screen size and the OS. I had a 4s, grew completely tired and bored of it, and i am now excited again for my new phone to come in. pre ordered pebble blue from BB.

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Wife and I are switching from big red to att and I currently have a sgs fascinate. Love Samsung and how they are almost unbrickable. Let the rooting begin.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Jmorej?n

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the Staysmart feature is interesting, and I think I will find it useful since I always had my Evo 4g turn the screen off (even after a minute) whenever I was reading news or a web page. This is one of the biggest things I want.

Direct call seems cool. I don't think I'll use it that much, but I can think of some places where it would be nice, such as when a traffic light turns green so I can't/won't finish my SMS, so instead I just put mobil to my head and it calls.

S voice sounds like Siri, and I like Siri because I enjoy voice commands. I am also getting the spanish version (670?, ouch), so my voice will be able to be understood correct right away, instead of ?Please repeat your command? over and over, and that makes me excited!

I heard wireless charging is something it can do (you might have to buy an accessory though), and I want to see how that works.

Battery life! Evo was a killer of battery. 1500mAh was too small. 2100 mAh is good I think.

I am interested in the superAMOLED screen and seeing how that works and looks compared to my Evo 4g.

I found the Evo's 109mm screen to be a good size, bigger than any phone I've had before. I'm interested in how the Galaxy S III's 120mm screen feels. I want to know how big is too big.

It's a GSM phone, which the Evo isn't. It's also the reason I'm ditching sprint for T-mobile.

I want to try ICS, since my Evo's was on 2,3 forever because that was my favourite custom rom because by the time 4,0 came out, most people had moved on.

Quadcore processor!

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
When they first announced this phone and they were going over the features, I remember thinking that I'd just pass on this phone. I wasn't enamored with the design and I just didn't see anything that really popped out at me that I had to have. For whatever reason, as time went on I started to really get interested in all this phone has to offer. Having used the One X, I know that screen is amazing, but I find it hard to believe that it has such an advantage over the S3's AMOLED that it's night and day. I think a lot of it comes down to preference and most people prefer the One X in that regard.

Watching the reviews as it came out, I noticed that I wasn't that annoyed with Touchwiz as I was on the Galaxy S2. They seemed to have taken a lot of cues from vanilla Android and I would imagine that with 2GB of RAM, the UI is going to be buttery smooth even without the quad-core Exynos. S-Voice and Siri can be gimmicky and I would bet that most people don't use them, but I actually do. Not in public, but I do use it. I'm sure a lot of people do use it and just don't admit it. So while it's not going make or break me wanting this phone, it's a welcome addition because when someone is bragging about their iPhone and Siri, I have a response to it with the S3.

If you've used the HTC One X on At&t, you've probably noticed that it's battery life actually isn't that bad. The S4 is definitely power-efficient and I got a full day, sometimes more out of it. Knowing that the S3 has the same processor but an even larger battery, I would imagine battery life is going to be comparable if not a little better. The huge difference? You can swap batteries with the S3. A spare battery charger and an extra battery (which I used religiously with my Galaxy Nexus) is incredible to have and makes running your phone down worry-free because you'll always have a fresh battery to pop in.

So while I didn't like the phone when it was announced, whether it be because of unreal expectations or just the design, I've completely softened on it to the point where I'll be getting it the second it's available in stores. There's something about the Galaxy line that just draws you in. And as far as the design goes, I'm actually kind of liking it now. Weird how that works out.

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
2 gigs of RAM
4. 8 inch screen
8 MP camera
Removable storage
Huge battery
Loud speakerphone

I use to be an Apple fanboy.... Until the 4S. I was underwhelmed by their offering and disappointed to say the least. I like many people want the best of the best the mobile world has to offer and I by no means thought that the 4S was that device. Switched to the Gnex. Haven't looked back since, nor will I. Android is my opinion is starting to inch further and further away from Apple. iOS is stale and lacks personality and functionality to certain extents.

I LOVE my Gnex with exception to the camera and volume of the speaker. Looks like the GS3 will change those things and I am certainly looking forward like all of us are to getting the device.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the OG Dinc, I'm looking forward to S Beam, the 4.8? screen, double tapping the top of the phone itself to bring you to the top of the contact, and messaging list.

Sent from my ADR6300

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Ive had the same BB Torch for almost 2 yrs. its on its last legs. And my upgrade is up! I was so close to getting the Note then the Skyrocket 2 then now that this is coming out. I think I will bite the bullet.

why am I getting a GSiii? Cuz I never thought I could get SO excited about 4.8"! haha and because it is NOT a Blackberry Torch. :D

I pre-ordered on Wednesday after watching numerous review and comparison videos. My 9810 is going in a drawer while I try a new OS platform. The hardware/software specs and the overall UX as well as customization potential sold me over the HOX.

Another guy here moving from (many years) of BlackBerry usage. I've had the 9800 Torch for about a year and a half. Have loved BlackBerry, but in the last year or so have kept watching RIM shoot themselves in the foot, and more and more developers desert the platform, or not support it in the first place. Figured the handwriting was pretty bold on the wall there!

Didn't want the closed Apple ecosystem, researched Android phones pretty thoroughly, it came down to the HTC One X or the S3, and after doing a lot of studying, I think the S3 is overall the better phone. Like the replaceable battery and the MicroSD memory slot.

Wish me luck learning to live without a physical keyboard, I got my first smartphone (BlackBerry) in 2005, and have NEVER not had a real keyboard until now.

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Another guy here moving from (many years) of BlackBerry usage. I've had the 9800 Torch for about a year and a half. Have loved BlackBerry, but in the last year or so have kept watching RIM shoot themselves in the foot, and more and more developers desert the platform, or not support it in the first place. Figured the handwriting was pretty bold on the wall there!

Didn't want the closed Apple ecosystem, researched Android phones pretty thoroughly, it came down to the HTC One X or the S3, and after doing a lot of studying, I think the S3 is overall the better phone. Like the replaceable battery and the MicroSD memory slot.

Wish me luck learning to live without a physical keyboard, I got my first smartphone (BlackBerry) in 2005, and have NEVER not had a real keyboard until now.

New kid on the block here and as I read this thread I also have a 9800 Torch that's 1.5 years old and after a vacation of 7 days my family all had directions while mine was still...loading....loading....loading....loading...zzzzzzzz.... so it's time to move on RIMM has not stayed up and I've been with them since the Pearl first came out and each iteration was to be ...xxxxxx (fill in the blank) but each new phone was just a phone (and a good one at that) but it's 'smart' features were very underwhelming..... wife not being a techie loves her Galaxy SRII so I'm thinking the blue SRIII may be a great deal for me. I really don't need bleeding edge every year or so. I just unwittingly fell into the trap w/RIMM thinking this time they'll get it right.....well shame on me....I'm done ... and the color even matches my alma mater.... blue yeah.. :)

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
love android, and SICK of this iphone4S ! need android back in my life and SGS3 is the only way to go, i like samsung and the galaxy phones and the features will be very useful

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting it! Its been delayed - indefinitely, I'm sure! They'll never ship them! Woe is me!!!

OOPS, this belongs in that OTHER thread, nevermind! :D :p

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
love android, and SICK of this iphone4S ! need android back in my life and SGS3 is the only way to go, i like samsung and the galaxy phones and the features will be very useful

I like both iOS and Android, but like you, I am getting tired of my 4S and would like to try Android again. From all the reviews that I've been seeing I think the GS3 is the right phone to switch to for a while, till I see what the new iPhone has to offer.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone so I like the idea of a larger screen. The fact that this is the newest Galaxy phone lets me know it will get plenty of developer support as well. Can't wait to get my hands on this Thursday!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Because three comes after two ;)

Also because I'm OCD about having the best of the best. And I love giving Samsung as much money as humanly possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89