Possibility of a G SIII Skyrocket LTE?

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have become a huge fan of android and I am so excited to leave iOS and get the Samsung Galaxy SIII, but what worries me is the possibilty of AT&T coming out with a newer verison of the GS3, like they did with the GS2. I don't want to sound spoiled, but this will be, "I want the best phone out there from Samsung", I don't want to feel duped and get the GS3 and only a month later there is the GS3 Skyrocket. I really want to pre-order this phone and I keep driving by my AT&T store and about to walk in, and I have stop and I'm hesitant to put my money on the table because I have a feeling that there could be one lurking in existence. I want my first android experience to be the best one possible.

So my question is to all you Android followers, what is the possibility of there being one, should I care, and what was the time table between the GS2 and the GS2 Skyrocket coming out?

Thank everyone for your help and opinions.

P.S: Dumb question but I need to ask, there shouldn't be any real problems with the International Version compared to the US Version besides the LTE Radio and processor so the reviews should be quite similar right?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Probably no chance. The skyrocket launched the LTE network on Att and was a sgsII with a LTE radio. The sgsIII has a LTE radio so that should do it for Att. The S4 processor in the Att version seems very capable and LTE is superb where available.

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
zero chance. the only improvement the skyrocket really had over the regular gsII was that it was LTE. Since this is LTE I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually when quad cores can support LTE you may see a new phone come out, but I don't think that will be until the 4th quarter

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok great. Thank you guys. That is exactly what I needed to hear. I think....I might.....go pre-order today.........The obsession over the phone is too strong, I can't resist it anymore.

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is streamlining its line. The S3 will be the only non nexus galaxy phone this year. The Note 2 will be the only other alternative.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
no way in hell. Samsung pretty much had a worldwide simultaneous launch. They are defining themselves and this is their top of the line phone. They won't just launch another galaxy phone to ruin their brand spanking new phone that is probably going to have record sales.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is streamlining its line. The S3 will be the only non nexus galaxy phone this year. The Note 2 will be the only other alternative.

I assume you mean only high end phone? They will have mid and lower level releases. Definitely a good strategy to have less options.

At least it would be easier to follow for those not checking Android sites every couple of hours.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you mean only high end phone? They will have mid and lower level releases. Definitely a good strategy to have less options.

At least it would be easier to follow for those not checking Android sites every couple of hours.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Yes I meant their top tier lines.

bluemax189

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
so in one years time samsung launched the infuse->gs2->skyrocket->captivate glide->note->gs3. all had their differences that made them unique. i would love to see an ics full keyboard come to store. the glide sold very well as it was the only option for full keyboard minus blackberrys(lol) and the htc status or crossover. Im sure samsung will spin off some more devices to keep people interested in investing in its brand. i very much doubt a skyrocket sucessor though