S III Battery life...

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This was posted just a few posts ago http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2267356.

If you disagree, I'd like to see hard evidence, because, as I said in the post after that, that's what I also remember learning from some battery manufacturer when these batteries first came out.

You will continue to find conflicting advice floating around regarding "conditioning" and "reconditioning" of batteries. I'll not be surprised if someone jumps in and contradicts me. But if you really go look at technical papers about the battery technologies themselves - the "conditioning" and "memory effect" which the conditioning was meant to address - are pretty much legacy from older battery technology - NiCad, and to a lesser extent (but still there) NiMH batteries. The current generation of Li-Ion batteries exhibit no memory effect, and don't require or benefit from any "conditioning" regimen.

The ONLY reason to consider anything like "conditioning" is to possibly re-calibrate the measuring technology within the phone circuitry itself which measures and displays how much battery capacity you have left. For that, there may be some merit to *occasionally* (not all the time) letting the battery completely discharge to where the phone goes off, and then recharge to 100%.

Sent from my GT-I9300

obes728

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Preface my previous post on page 16. That was the last charge until just now. Like I said my battery is crazy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-04-17-39-43.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-04-17-39-43.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2012-11-04-17-39-55.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-04-17-39-55.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 62

obes728

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Was traveling across the state for the weekend. Pulled it off the charger around noon on Friday. Got home and had to plug it in this evening. Was on the default AT&T APN which is LTE if available. Going through the middle of the state and then East it didn't seem to have LTE coverage, just normal 4G. I stopped all Facebook notifications and changed a few Wifi settings on Friday. I didn't turn on Wifi at all during the trip though. Probably used Google Voice for about 50 texts, used the internet for maybe 30 min, about 15 min talk time. Google Voice and Battery Dr Saver were always running. Easily the best batter life I've gotten to date. Will likely go to bed tonight at near 98% while using LTE... we'll see what I wake up with 7 hours later.

kingjavs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is good, I wouldnt say excellent until I know for sure that it is. Here how I used my phone yesterday.
I unplugged my phone from charger at 7:30am

Pandora on the background for like 25 mins
Played hill climb racer for another 20 mins
the usual facebook 10-15 mins.
Watch the hangover II(1:40) with headphones, and my phone died right after that. (around 12:30pm)
brightness about 27-30%

Is that a good battery cycle? I mean 3 hours of usage seems a bit too low, but then again watching a HD movie on that big of a screen should drain the battery fast.

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This was my battery life as of yesterday with moderate usage. Very impressed as I've been having battery issues before where it would last about 8-10 hours max and I'm glad it's finally gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-14-10-32-45.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-14-10-32-45.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 48

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am honestly concerned given how different of battery results I'm getting. Anecdotally speaking, if I exceed 1.5 hours of screen time, I won't make it 9 hours with my phone. All my other battery consumption stats look fairly normal, nothing else about like 14% or so. This makes me wonder if I have a defective battery or something. I see many screenshots on this thread of people getting like 14-15 hours of battery life with 2+ hours of screen on time...I am no where near that.

I am running a recently released Stable version of CM10. I'm wondering what anyone thinks about my battery woes and where I should look to diagnose them. Thanks.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I let the Hyperion 4400 drain down to 3% last night, turned off the phone and charged all night. It said 100% this morning and within 5 minutes it dropped to 77%. I'm stumped.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My experience with Hyperion batteries is similar. I think they never really fully charged. But my Samsung and seidio batteries do charge fully. If they say 100%, that's what they mean.

Sent from my GT-I9300

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My experience with Hyperion batteries is similar. I think they never really fully charged. But my Samsung and seidio batteries do charge fully. If they say 100%, that's what they mean.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think if this doesn't get any better, I'll breakdown of and buy the Sedio battery.

anonymous69

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Im not getting that great of battery life, I posted my own topic if u guys can help. All the reviews say the s3 has a great battery life and that it lasts a full day, but im just not seeing it!!!!! I wanna love this phone but I just can't right now! :'(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There were a few app updates a couple of weeks ago that have really improved the battery life on my S3. I don't know which ones they were though. Now at the end of the day I have up to 40% charge left. Other times not so much but still a lot better than before. I'm a happy camper now overall.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The last couple of nights I have charged the phone up, completely off. Then after not reads 100%, I unplug it for a few min and then plug it back in. That seems to really get the Hyperion battery to a true 100%.

TaintedMESS

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new figured as this is a thread about battery times this was the best place to post.

Currently I get 8 hours if I have pretty much everything switched off (GPS, Data, Wifi, etc etc) and stick it in power saving mode but used to get almost 20 hours from it easy.

I've discovered though that my batter drains while the phones is powered off (ill try and grab some screen shots) any one else seeing behaviour like this is it normal for the S3s batter to run down while powered off (some quick and dirty maths says it looses about 7% a hour). It has been away for repair 4 times as it seems like a fault but its always came back just the same even when I got a new battery for it.

bpvt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery used to last more than 1.5day with some normal usage (texting, calls, surfing and gaming) but with the recent software update, it drains more quickly than before. Now can last less than a day when the phone is idle, or have to charge within few hours if in use. Does anyone face the same issue? Also, the battery takes longer time to charge >3.5hr to fully charged compare to 1-2hr before this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non