S III Battery life...

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This us going to be a very quick answer because the question has been asked and snswered so many times. It's not good to run down your battery. New modern batteries don't like to be conditioned.

I just got an extended battery (4500mah) on sale from Gorilla Gear and it's doing great so far. But interestingly the directions with the battery SAID to condition it by running it to shutoff at least 3 times. ??? It's performing well on its first charge, haven't run it down yet (looks like it's giving me about 2 days of light-normal use instead of about 1 1/4 days like the stock battery.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I really don't know what to tell you. Among my sources of information were some battery manufacturers. To a man-- and, yes, they were all men --they said that conditioning, and running your battery down, etc, were all old wives tales.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... I'm new to Android, and there were several people above in this thread who said you SHOULD condition your battery so I thought maybe I needed to do that... I guess I'll trust the OS not to have background stuff eating battery, and see how it goes...

Dont worry about the battery enjoy the phone. A new battery is cheap anyway.

Sent via Tapatalk

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
LOVE my extended battery. came with back and case for ~$17. worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362999116317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362999116317.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 67

kr4yzie

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
ruhu3apu.jpg
3avygena.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
@edge. Check and see if you have an update to Allshare Cast. My wife's phone did exactly as you are seeing. I went looking for an app that was not letting her phone sleep. Under Battery stats, when you selected the OS, Allshare was near the top. Not sure if that means anything. Anyway I went to her Apps and selected Allshare. Immediately it said an update was available. I selected OK, it applied the update and went back to the app drawer or the home screen. Cannot remember now. I restarted the phone and her battery life is now back to normal. I think this app is doing something in the background due to it having an update, but you do I not get any notification of such. The update is also not done through the Play Store. I remembered afterwords that my Note 2 had an update for this app after its update to 4.1.2.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred