Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

Curious, doesn't having the brightness so high affect your viewing of the screen? I tried it once and it seemed rather too bright...

Quote Originally Posted by Covart View Post
    This is a very heavy use day with screen brightness set at 100 percent, nearly 3 hours of on screen time, an hour of Google navigation and Pandora, an hour of Web viewing and email... And then small amounts of getting play updates and downloads. I am not on LTE though. I also used my phone as a wifi hotspot for about 45 minutes for my kids while I was driving. This is pretty good considering how hard I worked the battery today.

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: S III Battery life...

The Power Save mode helps quite a bit. Yes the screen is a little darker when browsing the web and in certain apps. I would rather save the battery than having the screen so bright so Santa will ride my sleigh tonight and all the reindeer will love me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

One hour 53 minutes screen time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1341231810732.jpg  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Bam, how ya like me now? Only almost two hours of screen use...

This screen capture reflects LTE coverage. Are you on LTE all day?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Don't know if I should be impressed. I mean, I was until my assistant manager pulled out his phone (One X on Sprint). We had both been working 8 hours, took our phone off the chargers at the same time, and he was at 91% battery and I was at 56%... Granted the cell phone signal where I work is HORRIBLE on AT&T. On Sprint it's bad, but not as bad but I can barely get service where I work. So i was kind of upset that his One X on Sprint was light years ahead of the S3 and he knows nothing about power management so he keeps wifi, bluetooth, etc. on all the time where as I turn them off and he still embarrassed my S3.

Screen up time was about an hour and 20 minutes total. Had auto brightness on.

Again, not super impressed with a 2100mAh battery like this.
    Um, the One X is an AT&T phone. If he's on Sprint, it's got to be a different HTC phone.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKick View Post
    Um, the One X is an AT&T phone. If he's on Sprint, it's got to be a different HTC phone.
    Sprint has a One X series phone, it's called the Evo 4G LTE. Same as the AT&T One X version, but a few more tweaks... a 'muscle car' One X, so to speak. LOL
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

...yes, Atlanta, GA, and when I'm home, Kennesaw, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by komatoez View Post
    This screen capture reflects LTE coverage. Are you on LTE all day?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Great, thanks for the reply!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

...yes, Atlanta, GA, and when I'm home, Kennesaw, GA.
    Is the LTE decent in ATL and NW suburbs? We are just about neighbors. Im in Marietta, on the southside of the mountain...... Im guessing there is an LTE hole where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsmilen View Post
    Sprint has a One X series phone, it's called the Evo 4G LTE. Same as the AT&T One X version, but a few more tweaks... a 'muscle car' One X, so to speak. LOL
    Gotcha. Not the OneX but similar.

My phone seems to last an entire day which is good enough for me. I don't have to find the nearest charger mid way throughout the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Freaked out this morning when I realized my phone had been off the charged and unused (with good reception) for 2 hours and was down to 75%. I spent an hour with Better Battery Stats trying to figure out what was going on but was totally perplexed.

A simple reboot fixed everything. Whew.

Does anyone know why the android os is consuming so much power for me. It was fine for the first two days but today the android os is at 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by necinmaiya View Post
    *blushes* Thanks I appreciate the compliement!
    you're welcome.

not used to attractive women being on this type of site LOL
    Thanked by:
    Raneciansamaiya likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #115  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

Yes, I get LTE in Atlanta and Kennesaw. Seems to work very well...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
    Is the LTE decent in ATL and NW suburbs? We are just about neighbors. Im in Marietta, on the southside of the mountain...... Im guessing there is an LTE hole where I live.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

Maybe there is an app running in the background or something. Either restart the device or hold the home button down for a few seconds and then kill all the apps from the Task Manager.

Also change the brightness from auto to say 45-50%

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    Does anyone know why the android os is consuming so much power for me. It was fine for the first two days but today the android os is at 65%.

One hour 53 minutes screen time...
    Hey Navi, on this screenshot, were you just using the phone for normal calling, texting once in a while? I'm guessing it was pretty light use, as less than two hours of screen time in a full day isn't too much. I'm just very impressed by the 1day+ time, and still at half battery. If I can get that good of battery life on an LTE network, I don't even see the need to worry about turning LTE off.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #118  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

Mainly text, twitter and very little use of Facebook. I think I may have made two or three short calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu Warrior View Post
    Hey Navi, on this screenshot, were you just using the phone for normal calling, texting once in a while? I'm guessing it was pretty light use, as less than two hours of screen time in a full day isn't too much. I'm just very impressed by the 1day+ time, and still at half battery. If I can get that good of battery life on an LTE network, I don't even see the need to worry about turning LTE off.
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

...and for my next trick:

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

About 16 hours per charge with moderate usage.

Yes, I get LTE in Atlanta and Kennesaw. Seems to work very well...
    I havent been able to test the LTE at all. I bought my phone at BB Mobile in Town Center on Tuesday and drove to Big Canoe which is about 55 miles North. We dont even have 3G up here.... EDGE only. I was at a BBQ last night and someone who is a full time resident here in Big Canoe said ATT is building a new tower (I saw it on my way in) and I saw the fiber interduct being trenched along Steve Tate Hwy in the vicinity of the tower. I wonder if that means we might have 3G or LTE up here soon. Ill be back at my home in Marietta tomorrow and curious to see if I can get a LTE signal there.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

According to this...

...you should be fine for Marietta. As for Big Canoe, that's near Jasper, right? According to the AT&T website, it should already support LTE. Maybe just a few areas there don't, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
    I havent been able to test the LTE at all. I bought my phone at BB Mobile in Town Center on Tuesday and drove to Big Canoe which is about 55 miles North. We dont even have 3G up here.... EDGE only. I was at a BBQ last night and someone who is a full time resident here in Big Canoe said ATT is building a new tower (I saw it on my way in) and I saw the fiber interduct being trenched along Steve Tate Hwy in the vicinity of the tower. I wonder if that means we might have 3G or LTE up here soon. Ill be back at my home in Marietta tomorrow and curious to see if I can get a LTE signal there.

Well, thats just it, i dont believe any carriers coverage maps. Big Canoe is roughly half way between Jasper and Dawsonville, North of GA Hwy53. There has never been any coverage here besides EDGE and when I first bought my house here in 04 there was NO cell coverage from any carrier. I have wifi at my house, so its fine.

As for the marietta coverage, I hope that map is correct. I have brought it up many times. If you filter it by 3G data and zoom in just the south of Kennesaw Mtn, there is a donut hole in coverage and that is exactly where I live, in the hole. Only a microcell provides consistant, usable service.

I'm constantly seeing a drain. Usually the Exchange Services runs constantly and I have no accounts. I turned off the battery percentage # option so I don't worry over the numbers. I also turned off the S Voice wake option. At any given time I have 42-50 applications running and killed by the built in task killer. I've done drain cycles a few times but it seems about the same. Can anyone give me some options to improve the batt life or calibrate it?

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,122 Global Posts

To me, it seems rather odd. I'd suggest that you reset the device to factory, and start over. Then see how it acts...

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox31 View Post
    I'm constantly seeing a drain. Usually the Exchange Services runs constantly and I have no accounts. I turned off the battery percentage # option so I don't worry over the numbers. I also turned off the S Voice wake option. At any given time I have 42-50 applications running and killed by the built in task killer. I've done drain cycles a few times but it seems about the same. Can anyone give me some options to improve the batt life or calibrate it?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast