browser help: page always opens

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope you guys can help me here. I downloaded advanced task killer app, for obvious reasons. The other day I opened to the app to kill some applications that were currently running and when I went to click the home button (center button). I by accidently clicked that stupid advertisment on the bottom of the screen.

"Snap Secure"

Now everytime I open my browser it automatically has a page of snap secure. Even if I delete all the browser pages, close the browser and re-open, its there again. Something with browser cookies? How do I get rid of this stupid advertisment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it changed your homepage
Go into browser settings and change it to something else.

In browser click menu button
Settings> general>set home page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems the browser will open to what ever you closed it on. Unlike my Skyrocket and GNote browser if you ended it wil the task manager, when you opened it up again, it would open on your home page.

Try this, go to google and then press the home button to get out of your browser. Then long press your home button to bring up the task manager and end the internet. When you go to the internet again it will probably open to the google page versus the home page you have set.

Mine does this and I am not sure if it is a bug or not. Not a big deal though. Just press the home button on the page you want it to open on?

And +1 on advanced task killer. Not needed.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
What app should I use to kill apps?

None.
The task manager already installed if really needed.
Other then that uninstall apps that run too much and you really dont need.
And the ones you cant uninstall are fine. The phone runs fine with them. Just try to ignore it. Bigger issues to worry about.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks fellas just getting back into android after a long absence. I deleted the task killer and will use the preloaded task manager

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy