Anyone got FoxFi to work?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. The first couple times I tried it just kinda cycled on connect and failed. After seeing your post, I tried again and both this tablet and my lappy connected fine. I dont need it often, but occasionally travel to oddball spots in the middle of nowhere and its the only to connect on a device large enough for my old eyes to see and actually get some work done.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi is not working for me. It starts up and states that it is active , however none of my devices are recognizing it.

goughrmak

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I had it working for a week or so, then all of a sudden, my other devices I tried could not see it. Not sure what to do next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had it working for a day and now can't connect anything now. I started using wifi hotspot and usb tether pro and it works great. A little pricey but works great.

wmayo44

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep. It worked with my Razr Maxx ICS and my Archos 101 G9 tablet. (At least wifi did) I couldn't get the bluetooth working with the Razr, only with my Samsung Charge. Still, overall ... rarely use it.
Anyway ... just for infos sake ... I collectively (through many forums) have seen three postings where Verizon supposedly stopped app from working with the app users (how could they selectively do that?), but two users by AT&T actually got threatening letters. Then there are those who have for months have run up 15-20 Gigs/month with no problem. Just be careful.

BTW - yesterday, basically got VZW to agree that BUILT IN USB tethering is "OK" (in their words). Not technically supposed to do it without enabling tethering by VZW, but rep, with supervisor looking over shoulder, said they weren't going to care about that. That's for built-in USB tethering, NOT PDAnet. Interesting.

Last edited:

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest version yesterday and my laptop was able to find the signal. It would work and then drop out, so i'd shut foxfi down and start it up again, same thing would happen, it would work and then drop.

it worked flawlessly on my infuse.

simba115

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was traveling this weekend with 2 kids and used FoxFi to provide Internet for an Itouch and an Infuse (no longer in service but use for games).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums