Letter E and 2 arrows

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Before I get repremanded or accused for not searching, I did and googled it and didn't find what I'm looking for.
My question is sometimes an E and 2 arrows going in opposite directions replaces the 4G in the notification bar. What does this mean?

Thanks

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The E would indicate your own edge speed, which is what you get with poor cell phone coverage in your area. What color are the arrows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The E would indicate your own edge speed, which is what you get with poor cell phone coverage in your area. What color are the arrows?

Thanks! they are red and green. I got it while in my office and came outside and it was still there. the only way I could get rid of it was to pull the battery....well thats what I did.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you upgraded your firmware yet? The arrows your describing sound similar to the ones that appear to indicate a firmware update is available

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe that the 2 arrows that you're talking about are the download and upload arrows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Trisha Rattansingh

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi. The Capital E and two arrows you are inquiring about is a signal that your Data is turned on. If you are using WIFI you would not see that E. Turn off Mobile dada by pressing settings, then data usage, and untick Mobile Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa