So how BIG is yours?

Will_H24

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I pretty much wear jeans all the time. And I sit most of the time at work. Am I going to regret getting this phone? Is it to big to fit in my jeans pocket? I have the Captivate now. Any thoughts? Thanks, Willie. :confused:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Even with a Commuter case, I could still put it in my back pocket. No problem. In this case, size matters since the increase in performance and speed is well worth the increase in physical screen size.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So I pretty much wear jeans all the time. And I sit most of the time at work. Am I going to regret getting this phone? Is it to big to fit in my jeans pocket? I have the Captivate now. Any thoughts? Thanks, Willie. :confused:

Fits in my guess jeans. Barely. I almost bought the note. Glad I didn't. Also, I have an OB Defender case on. The top of the phone is literally just below the pocket line. And it is comfortable. No problem at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
There are holdster cases that you can put an SG3 in and clip it to your jeans. You don't really want the size of your pocket logistics to keep you from the best smartphone, do you?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a BFP relative the Blackberry I came from, but I can still fit it in my back pocket. Don't think I would try to sit with it in there.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine fits in my jeans. Then again I wear real jeans...Not these silly skinny jeans you all seem to like these days. Some styles I guess I will just never understand! makes me feel like an old man and I am only 27... ><

Get some new pants! Mine fits with the Otterbox Defender case AND clip! And that's huge!

Good luck!

PS. And just for fun! (Not flaming anyone!)

Experts Say Skinny Jeans Can Lead to Twisted Testicles | Clutch Magazine

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
My husband has a few pairs of jeans that are not skinny but the pockets are very small. It can't fit. But all other fits.

It's not oversized like the note, it'll be alright.

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I will say that the size is a little large for my preference. I'm loving the phone, but it does feel a little uncomfortable in my jeans. I wear pretty baggy clothing by today's standards. It's no problem when standing, and I imagine I'll get used to it, but it's much larger than any phone I've had in the past so it's a little weird. That said, It's been fine in the pockets of my gym shorts/ cargo shorts all summer. So jeans will probably be ok as I start to get used to them this fall.

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have had it my backpocket a couple of times. I was scared spitless when I realized I had been sitting on it, was afraid I cracked the screen. I hadn't, but I still try to keep it out of my pockets.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The phone is very thin, its much thinner than your o.g. galaxy S. You will not even feel it in your pocket and it will not protrude due to its curved design.