Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You have to set up an account (GMail account) in the System Settings -> Accounts and Sync. Once the Google profile (blue square with a lower case g in it) is setup against your GMail account the default is to sync just about everything at Google to the phone. If you have unchecked everything but GMail then Calendar and Contacts will not sync. If you have not setup a profile you need to do that otherwise you will not get e-mail either. You might have originally setup an Email profile which will sync to the stock E-Mail client but very little else. If you want to use the GMail client you need to setup a Google profile

Mike

DKHuber

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
When I add an event to my Google Calendar it appears on the calendar on my Galaxy, but when I add an event on the calendar on my Galaxy, it doesn't appear on google calendar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you are adding the event on the phone to your gmail calendar, not "My Calendar". My wife was doing the same thing and it wasn't syncing.

spinsheet

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to make Google calendar the default instead of 'My calendar'. I can switch with each calendar entry but that's getting old. I really see no use for 'My calendar' anyway.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have set up a Google account called "contact's birthdays & events. Everything gets synced to this one accout. You can also add U.S. holidays if you like. One calendar, one stop shopping. Set birthdays as "yearly events", and you're done. You can add or delete events from phone or computer. It works for me.:)

kimyk2416

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
where do you find google calendar? i've looked in my apps and don't see it - i only see a calendar on my home page .... but it doesn't say "my calendar" - it only shows a "31" and says calendar. Is that the google calendar - because it has my gmail calendar stuff in it - but when i add an event to it on my phone, it won't sync to my gmail calendar online. i'm assuming i'm entering it on the wrong calendar??

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
That's the calendar. Technically, as posted on AC last night, you can download Google's own Calendar app, but the "31" icon you see is Samsung's calendar app, and the one folks are referring to here.

You need to make sure you're selecting your GMail calendar entry when make entries, and they'll sync just fine.

What I did was remove "My Calendar" from the list of displayed calendars, and now my GMail calendar is the default.

kimyk2416

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
i removed "my calendar" from the home screen - but i'm still not seeing gmail calendar. AND i'm still confused as to why my calendar had my events from my gmail account calendar.....that's weird....no?

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
As a previous post mentioned, you can sync the default calendar app with your Google account and choose your Gmail account instead of My Calendar when you add appointments. The app will then automatically sync with Google Calendar and will always have the same information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Sherman1975

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to uncheck My calendar (which is a different calendar than your google calendar, btw) in the Calendar app, now the S3 must be viewing my google calendar as default and things are syncing up. At least I think this is what happened but it worked.

seanb1974

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to update my S3 so I don't get notifications and reminders from both the Google Calendar app and the Samsung Calendar. I tried removing my google account from the Samsung calendar, but that removed all my appointments from my Google Calendar app as well. I would prefer to just use my Google Calendar app. There has to be some way to do this that I am overlooking. Anyone else experience notifications from both calendars?

Thanks in advance.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to update my S3 so I don't get notifications and reminders from both the Google Calendar app and the Samsung Calendar. I tried removing my google account from the Samsung calendar, but that removed all my appointments from my Google Calendar app as well. I would prefer to just use my Google Calendar app. There has to be some way to do this that I am overlooking. Anyone else experience notifications from both calendars?

Thanks in advance.

Read my post in this forum. This method works like a charm.:D

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i installed Google calendar less than 2 weeks ago and S Planner has been on board since June

after reading this post i compared the information on the S Planner and Google calendar, they are the same.

Google calendar is set to sync all the accounts i have toggled on for S Planner and also sync 'my calendar' which i believe is S Planner, i didn't have to do anything....just wondering how come you guys are having a problem with the 2 calendars

if you dont go toggling stuff off, whatever you save in 'my calendar' should get sync'd to Google calendar IMO

gatorbob62

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope I can piggyback here without having to start a new thread. I can sync with my Google calendar fine, but how do I get past events to show up? Birthdays and holidays and stuff show up, but not appointments, etc.

Thanks

phamann

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Thats what I was wondering. When I first got my GS3 and my Note 10, Splanner would sync between the two automatically. For some reason it stopped and I cant get it to resume. I want to use S planner instead of google or gmail calendar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress