Samsung apps or Google apps

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Should I use Google messages or Samsung messages? When I transferred all my messages over from my Pixel 7 pro to my S23 ultra, on Google messages, all my MMS and SMS messages got split up into different threads.

And....as I type this, I go and check G messages and my MMS and SMS messages have been merged into one. I'm not sure if it had something to do with me setting Samsung messages as default and then going back to it or not or if it hadn't finished setting up when I setup the phone.

Anyhow, I will continue to use G messages. It's just cleaner looking.

Reactions: aztec12

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Should I use Google messages or Samsung messages? When I transferred all my messages over from my Pixel 7 pro to my S23 ultra, on Google messages, all my MMS and SMS messages got split up into different threads.

And....as I type this, I go and check G messages and my MMS and SMS messages have been merged into one. I'm not sure if it had something to do with me setting Samsung messages as default and then going back to it or not or if it hadn't finished setting up when I setup the phone.

Anyhow, I will continue to use G messages. It's just cleaner looking.
SSounds like it hadn't finished setting up. I'd use Google for the RCS, flakey as it is.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
SSounds like it hadn't finished setting up. I'd use Google for the RCS, flakey as it is.
My Google messages with RCS was working great for a while... then it suddenly stopped sending me very important texts from one sender.... I didn't know I missed them till I swapped my SIM back into my Flip, then all the messages came rolling in on the Samsung messages app and I was able to straighten everything out.

So no more RCS for me for now. I'm actually trusting Samsung's messaging app more atm.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My Google messages with RCS was working great for a while... then it suddenly stopped sending me very important texts from one sender.... I didn't know I missed them till I swapped my SIM back into my Flip, then all the messages came rolling in on the Samsung messages app and I was able to straighten everything out.

So no more RCS for me for now. I'm actually trusting Samsung's messaging app more atm.
I have found it a bit hypocritical that Google is trying to pressure Apple to support RCS while not even being able to make it reliable across Android devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174