Email froward edit ??

Eight_bit

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm certain this is something that I missed...

When I forward an email that I received, I always remove the original senders notes ans well as the original addressees.

When I highlight the text to be deleted, the keyboard will not invoke..nor is there a delete highlighted option that I can find.
I have tried this with the G-Mail app. and the proprietary email app.
The device is a Samsung Galaxy S-lll AT&T running 4.0.4

If I need to purchase a third party app. this would be fine...Any Ideas??

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm certain this is something that I missed...

When I forward an email that I received, I always remove the original senders notes ans well as the original addressees.

When I highlight the text to be deleted, the keyboard will not invoke..nor is there a delete highlighted option that I can find.
I have tried this with the G-Mail app. and the proprietary email app.
The device is a Samsung Galaxy S-lll AT&T running 4.0.4

If I need to purchase a third party app. this would be fine...Any Ideas??

I use the native email app, and the way I delete emails is to click the checkbox on the left of the email to select it, once you click it, a little trash can icon should be seen at the top, which you can use to delete

You can also hold the email you want to delete, then once the popup comes, click delete

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use the native email app, and the way I delete emails is to click the checkbox on the left of the email to select it, once you click it, a little trash can icon should be seen at the top, which you can use to delete

You can also hold the email you want to delete, then once the popup comes, click delete
I think the Thread Author probably already knows how to delete an email. I don't think that's what the Thread Authors' OP was about.

freebee271 ? I think I've only used what you're referring to as 'the proprietary email app' ? and here's how mine works ? when I forward an email by tapping on an email and then on the 'Forward' arrow, I get this: a new email [From: me] w/ the cursor blinking in the [To:] field; my Swype Beta keyboard immediately pops-up at the ready; then, if I want to highlight some text to delete....I just need to scroll-down and double-tap the text I wish to delete ? and then spread-out the cursor tabs and tap on 'Cut'.

Or, if I wish to delete the entire 'Original message'....there's a 1/4" thick grey strip thingy ? at the bottom of the (new, forwarding email field) ? directly below my email signature: Sent via Samsung Galaxy S3? 4G LTE w/ Swype Beta v1.3 ? and in the grey strip/border, it says: 'Original message', and at the right end of the grey strip/border there's a checkbox, that if I uncheck...the original message disappears.