Battery is draining from 100% to 0% while not in use

Khilasa

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've done a search of the forums and am not finding an answer applicable to my problem.

Essentially, when I get home from work I put the phone on its charger and let it get to 100%. I unplug it before I go to bed; I try not to leave it plugged in after 100% ever since reading that story about the guy who let his SGS3 charge while he slept and his phone overheated and exploded. When I wake up I find my phone has turned itself off because the battery is completely drained. This is a relatively new problem (three times in the last week, and never before). Phone is not rooted (did it to my last 2 phones and didn't feel like it this time). I've tried a couple "battery saving" apps after it happened the first time, put them on aggressive settings, but it still happened the last two nights. Maybe I'm not using them correctly? The most recent app is JuiceDefender and the log shows a few errors (screenshots attached).

The battery hasn't drained as of yet today, probably because I'm actively using it trying to figure this out. I'm wondering if there's an issue with cell standby or device idle, but unfortunately Settings > Battery doesn't show me anything once I find the phone dead and plug it back in. JuiceDefender doesn't seem to show anything that happened once the phone was unplugged before I went to sleep. I just see 22:56 JuiceDefender disabled, restoring previous state after I unplugged the phone | 09:43 ------------------------ (initialization) when I turned it back on. Would anyone have any idea what happened there? What disabled it? I sure didn't do it manually.

Maybe I should try turning it off and on again once it's charged, but I feel I shouldn't have to, especially since I never had to before. And I don't want to turn it off completely while I sleep because I have an alarm app on the phone that is more effective than my actual alarm clock (I am a notoriously heavy sleeper). I just want to fix the problem and have my phone working the way it had been previous to this last week. The only other new app I've downloaded in the last month was Pixlr Express and I sincerely doubt it's the cause.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-23-12-51-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-12-51-51.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2013-06-23-12-52-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-12-52-19.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 24

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've done a search of the forums and am not finding an answer applicable to my problem.

Essentially, when I get home from work I put the phone on its charger and let it get to 100%. I unplug it before I go to bed; I try not to leave it plugged in after 100% ever since reading that story about the guy who let his SGS3 charge while he slept and his phone overheated and exploded. When I wake up I find my phone has turned itself off because the battery is completely drained. This is a relatively new problem (three times in the last week, and never before). Phone is not rooted (did it to my last 2 phones and didn't feel like it this time). I've tried a couple "battery saving" apps after it happened the first time, put them on aggressive settings, but it still happened the last two nights. Maybe I'm not using them correctly? The most recent app is JuiceDefender and the log shows a few errors (screenshots attached).

The battery hasn't drained as of yet today, probably because I'm actively using it trying to figure this out. I'm wondering if there's an issue with cell standby or device idle, but unfortunately Settings > Battery doesn't show me anything once I find the phone dead and plug it back in. JuiceDefender doesn't seem to show anything that happened once the phone was unplugged before I went to sleep. I just see 22:56 JuiceDefender disabled, restoring previous state after I unplugged the phone | 09:43 ------------------------ (initialization) when I turned it back on. Would anyone have any idea what happened there? What disabled it? I sure didn't do it manually.

Maybe I should try turning it off and on again once it's charged, but I feel I shouldn't have to, especially since I never had to before. And I don't want to turn it off completely while I sleep because I have an alarm app on the phone that is more effective than my actual alarm clock (I am a notoriously heavy sleeper). I just want to fix the problem and have my phone working the way it had been previous to this last week. The only other new app I've downloaded in the last month was Pixlr Express and I sincerely doubt it's the cause.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Can you post screen shots of your battery stats through Settings>Battery? One of the main screen, and the other of the detailed graph please.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Download GSam battery monitor. It'll show you which app is using battery while it's idle.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Leaving in plugged in won't hurt anything. That post was bogus. The photos didn't match up to the description of what happened, and with each other.

You need to give us more to go on. If you look at any of the battery threads on these forums you'll notice three common screen captures that people post. Charge you phone to 100%, take it off the charger, let it drain to 50% or less, then take those screen shots and post them here.

Aside from that, what ROM are you running, and what is AOSP helper? You've got a number of different error conditions going on there. First thing I'd do is uninstall Juice Defender and reboot. Most of the battery saver apps cause more problems than they solve.

Hikmat abdoollayev

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It is possible to optimize your battery life by monitoring whether your phone is having a deep sleep (hibernated state).

Some app can awake your phone from its hibernated state and do some kind of updates, check-ups or even notifications.
Those apps use "wakelock" feature to control your phone's sleep state.

Check out "Wakelock detector" which is available in Google Play (just search for "wakelock")
It helps you to achieve the best idle state of your phone.

Comparing to other similar apps, its main purpose is to simplify the way of finding wakelock issues