1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help having a problem with 4g and wifi

So just recently like last night I was on the internet on my phone and I realized that I was using 4g internet when I was connected to wifi I have tried everything turning my phone off restarting it and turning wifi on and off the both just appear at the top of the notification bar if anyone has any information that can help me get this fixed it would be much appreciated thank you!

Default Re: Need help having a problem with 4g and wifi

Interesting... I started having the same problem Monday 11/4/13. I'm not sure what changed, other than accidentally starting AT&T Navigator. What day did your issue begin?

Read this post for outline/overview of things I've tried: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...ml#post3213274

I added the stock WiFi Widget and a PlayStore Data Toggle Widget by Bogdan Lazanu to facilitate my work-around: Toggle WiFi Off; Toggle Data Off; Toggle WiFi back on

Wouldn't it be nice if we could establish our common apps and what may have caused this issue?

Nathanual... have you had any success in tracking this issue down?

I don't know if your carrier has this bloatware installed, but disabling 'Caller Name ID' on my Verizon phone fixed that problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Hi GSDer. I'm with AT&T. I've looked high & low for anything remotely resembling that Caller Name ID app but did not find it anywhere. I appreciate the suggestion though.

I also booted in Safe Mode and it behaves the same way. While in Safe Mode, (which only loads stock/basic apps) I disabled each app one-at-a-time, then toggled wifi on/off after each one. Still no luck in identifying the problem child 4G stays on when WiFi is enabled (and remains the active IP/Data Connection... not allowing WiFi to take over)

Well, I hate to suggest a Factory Reset, but if it was working normally and you haven't received any OS updates, I don't know what else to suggest (other than manually turning mobile data off except when you need it). Sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

For anyone having problems with your 3G/4G/Data overriding or preventing your WiFi from connecting, give this a shot:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...ml#post3332252

1. Settings/More/ApplicationManager
    2. Select the AT+T Navigator App
    3. Select TURN OFF
    4. Restart your phone
    5. See if that corrects the problem.