Have to connect to WiFi everytime.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey There,

Well I am sure this questions been aked before but I could not find it so here it goes... Everytime I come home I have to scan and enter my password to connect to my home WiFi. I didn't have this issue before it would automatically connect as I pulled into my driveway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey There,

Well I am sure this questions been aked before but I could not find it so here it goes... Everytime I come home I have to scan and enter my password to connect to my home WiFi. I didn't have this issue before it would automatically connect as I pulled into my driveway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Go to System Settings > WiFi

Look for the WiFi network you want to join and make sure it's "remembered". There should be an option for that.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Also if you have your SSID off on your home router then it is best to manually enter the wifi connection instead of turning SSID on, connecting then turning it off.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.. I just got the 4.3 upgrade and it looks like it fixed my issue with connecting to my WiFi. :)

Thanks again.

droidlife 1 day at a time. :)

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys im stumped... thought the 4.3 upgrade fixed my issue but it didn't somehow my phone auto connects to all open Wi-Fi places but my own yesterday I turned off the Wi-Fi at the local mall but kept trying to connect!!! Yet at home I have to enter my password every time I walk in the house and i can't see were to set remember password in my settings. Any help is appreciated.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys im stumped... thought the 4.3 upgrade fixed my issue but it didn't somehow my phone auto connects to all open Wi-Fi places but my own yesterday I turned off the Wi-Fi at the local mall but kept trying to connect!!! Yet at home I have to enter my password every time I walk in the house and i can't see were to set remember password in my settings. Any help is appreciated.

Does your router have WPS? If so, instead of entering the password, go into your wifi settings, tap the menu button on the phone, and select WPS setup. It will tell you to press the WPS button on your router, and the rest happens automatically.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Does your router have WPS? If so, instead of entering the password, go into your wifi settings, tap the menu button on the phone, and select WPS setup. It will tell you to press the WPS button on your router, and the rest happens automatically.

Hey thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response... its been a busy week with the holidays an all... the router does't have the wps? I had the apple router before and we recently changed tv/ internet providers from time warner to at&t and they provided their own router. I still have the same problem it is wierd that when I'm out and about it is constantly trying to connect with other wifi networks yet it wont with my home router.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response... its been a busy week with the holidays an all... the router does't have the wps? I had the apple router before and we recently changed tv/ internet providers from time warner to at&t and they provided their own router. I still have the same problem it is wierd that when I'm out and about it is constantly trying to connect with other wifi networks yet it wont with my home router.

It's possible that the router went belly up. We had a router for a few years. Couple months ago, it kept dropping my wife's phone. Then it started dropping the DVD player. My phone had zero issues the whole time. Then AT&T released the 4.1.2 update, and after that, it started dropping my phone, too. It was really weird & selective at first. We replaced the router and everything is back to normal with no one getting dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez