Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone now rooted how can I SIM unlock?

Ok first I am a noob when it comes to this stuff so forgive me. Recently I was given an at&t S3 SGH-I747 for free. It has Jelly bean 4.3. I started off by trying to unlock the SIM so I could use my T-mobile card following several methods I found online...nothing worked. I then proceded to root the phone which of course Knox killed that effort...until yesterday. The phone updated SuperSu yesterday and allowed me to disable Knox so now its rooted. Now my question is there a way to unlock the SIM now that its rooted?

Default Re: Phone now rooted how can I SIM unlock?

I don't think you need root to unlock, though... Have you tried this? www.unlockphonenetwork.com
    I used that to unlock the very model you're trying to unlock. Sure, it's not free, but it's fast and hassle-free. Well worth the 10 bucks to save me the trouble. 30 minutes after the order was placed, they sent me the code and instructions, entered it, voil! Unlocked S3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know the pay method, but I'm looking for the free method to do this

Look here http://www.wikihow.com/Unlock-Samsung-Galaxy-Siii-(S3) and use method #2

Posted via Android Central App

Option 2 at your link would not be an option. Since he updated to.4.3 it would brick his phone to try to go back to 4.1. The only free option would be to contact AT&T and see if he qualifies for the Unlock code.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)