Galaxy S3 Notification Bar after 4.4.2 update problems

XavierDean

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, it isn't as much a problem as it is an annoyance. Before the update, all running apps in pull down notification area were above the notification bar and when I would hit the clear button all of the notifications like new texts, emails, new installs,etc that were the clear button would go away and clean up a lot of space. But now, all of the apps that are running in the background are also under the notification clear button and when I hit clear the space is still crowded because running apps are now under the clear button. I really hate that. Notification area is crowded. I want my nonclearable apps above the notification bar, not below.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You're saying it used to look like this
udehuby2.jpg
but now the Ongoing notifications are not a separate group but are just shown under the Notifications group? (And of course they don't go away when you 'Clear' because they're ongoing.) [Sorry, I don't have a device with 4.4.x so I don't know what it looks like.]

If that's the case I'm not sure if a fix is available.

(From a purely mathematical standpoint you haven't lost anything in terms of space - if you used to have three ongoing apps, you still have three ongoing apps taking up space on the screen; they're just below the line rather than above the line.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk