Dead, not charging?!

beachryan

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Have a 2 month old HTC One - have loved it so far. No problems at all.

Battery has never died before - ever - despite some pretty intense days. Last I checked battery gave warning and switched to power save mode at 15%.

Got home, phone is dead. Okay, figured it had run out of battery. Have had it plugged into the wall for 30 minutes - no sign.

No LEDs to indicate charging, can't turn it on, can't do anything. Just dead.

Any ideas before I take it back? Bizarre that it's worked absolutely perfectly til today.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If it doesn't charge, say, overnight I might try a different charger. Also, when you power it up, try holding the power button for about 10-15 seconds. If it was totally dead it may take that to bring it back to you. If that doesn't do it it may be time for a trip to your carrier.

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi beachryan,

I have a similar issue with my HTC One. Even after charging for 4 days continuously, I wasn't able to bring my phone back to life.
I have searched the net and tried all the methods suggested in different forums with no positive result. I believe it's bricked now. I purchased from a friend in US and brought it to India and now I don't have the warranty papers to send it back to US. :-(

Is this problem of yours solved. If yes, can you please let me know how?

Appreciate it.

Krishna Menon.