HTC One: Android 4.4 New Features/Bugs

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why not get this started.

So far I have noticed the addition of the Beats Music app for ATT music streaming and a feature called Browser Bar which is an extra menu bar overlayed on your browser of choice. Beats Music cannot be uninstalled but can be hidden and Browser Bar can be disabled in the Settings menu.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4 New Features/Bugs

Disabling the At&t apps works just as well as uninstalling. They don't show up anywhere, and they use little to no storage space once you do so.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Lost the separate lock screen wallpaper. One additional home screen was added. Where is the Beats Music app for ATT streaming?

Kevin Purcell1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

The htc Car dock won't launch the car app. In fact the car mode app is gone. You can revive it with an ago called quickAboriginals but I wasn't it to launch when I dock my phone.

njlx2016

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Does anybody use the AT&T Visual Voicemail app? I seems to work extremely slow / hang a lot since the KitKat update.

clintkirk

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Just finish downloading the update 4.4, the icon on the left is missing on the lock screen. The android icon replaced it. How do i get it back? I have restarted it twice.

Attachments

• 2014-02-24 16.10.01.jpg
    2014-02-24 16.10.01.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 2014-02-24 16.10.01.jpg
    2014-02-24 16.10.01.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 59

ttlphotography1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

looks like the android install icon. If you have only downloaded the update, it still needs to be installed.

As the updated completed downloading, was there a prompt that asked "continue" or "remind me later"? if so, if you did NOT hit the continue button, then the update is just downloaded and not installed just yet. Maybe that icon is the "reminder" to install the update? Just thinking out loud and if it does in fact turn out to be that, post up and let us know. But that cube in Lloyds belly sure looks like the same cube I've seen on other android devices when things were in the install mode.

**Update**: I got the same android icon shown in your pic. I just used him in a swipe to unlock fashion and my old home screen layouts came up and he went away in the dock.

Last edited:

ttlphotography1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Does anybody use the AT&T Visual Voicemail app? I seems to work extremely slow / hang a lot since the KitKat update.

I use that app. Have downloaded the update and its in the midst of installing process now. I'll post back with an update as soon as i have a voicemail to check.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Using the default lock screen instead of widget locker, but swipe right for camera isn't working on 4.4.2 for me. Is it working for everyone else?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Using the default lock screen instead of widget locker, but swipe right for camera isn't working on 4.4.2 for me. Is it working for everyone else?

I've never known that to work with the default Sense lock screen. You can however keep the camera app icon in your bottom app bar and drag it up while on the lock screen to launch.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I've never known that to work with the default Sense lock screen. You can however keep the camera app icon in your bottom app bar and drag it up while on the lock screen to launch.

Huh, thought that was in default as well, must have just gotten used to it with widget locker. How do you customize the bottom app bar now? When I go to personalize there isn't even anything for the lock screen there anymore. The update kind of wrecked widget locker because even when you put no lock screen in default Android it still has a lock screen just with no security. I'm not a big fan.

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Huh, thought that was in default as well, must have just gotten used to it with widget locker. How do you customize the bottom app bar now? When I go to personalize there isn't even anything for the lock screen there anymore. The update kind of wrecked widget locker because even when you put no lock screen in default Android it still has a lock screen just with no security. I'm not a big fan.

If you want to change the bottom bar, go to a stock sense homescreen. Then drag out the icon onto an empty space on one of the pages. Then you can go into your app drawer and drag an app into bottom bar.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, unfortunately you'll always have to swipe away the lock screen now. You can, however, swipe the lock screen to the left and add widgets now. Similar to the multiple home screens.

welcome_tommy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Well idk if this is KitKat specific, but has anyone tried using the HTC Media Link HD with KitKat? I've just bought one after updating to KitKat, but couldn't set it up; stuck on configuration page and comes up with error. I think I've isolated it down to being KitKat incompatibility with the old firmware on Media Link. Thanks.