AT&T HTC One: KitKat 4.4.2 Discussion Thread, Bugs, Features.

Jason Taylor3

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T HTC One: KitKat update

for the ones that dont have the new android 4.4 kit kat yet try changing the date untill the middle of June and that will work thats what I had to do to get mine to update

Jimbye

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

i'm updating now.the first time it said no update available ,kept tapping the update,after 3 taps,it started the update.here in Oregon!!

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Keep advancing the date if you need, but I'll warn you, once you can update, don't advance your date any further. If you stop in August, or maybe September if you need, advance your day by one day too. You can possibly lock yourself out of an easy update if not careful, or locked out for good. At least you would have to continue advancing time until September.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my phone. Everything is great, but hell, I finally was able to see this did a major blow to my battery life. Persistent running services and tips (turns these off!) :
-Video highlights (ApiService)
-Google Services (Search service)
- BROWSER BAR (ToolbarSercice)
- Isis Wallet
- Music (MediaPlaybackService)
- Battery saver Location Mode is recommended for location services.
Bluetooth Share (Map and Opp services)
*So far these were the biggest battery drainers.

I un-installed Beats Music too and Isis until I get a card.

Last edited:

greenhelium

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: LIVE! Update to 4.4.2: Comments and General Q&A

I have the AT&T Version of the phone unlocked with a T-Mobile sim card. Is there any way for me to receive this update without getting an AT&T sim or rooting the phone?

jarodsfisher

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Mine checked for updates, saw that there was one available, & then did nothing. Does it take a while for it to actually start downloading, or am I missing something here? I also now notice HtcDm is now running in the notification area at the top, is that part of the process?

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Mine checked for updates, saw that there was one available, & then did nothing. Does it take a while for it to actually start downloading, or am I missing something here? I also now notice HtcDm is now running in the notification area at the top, is that part of the process?

Mine did that, and then I remembered I had to turn on wi-fi. Once I did that, the update started to download.