A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
The two HTC Inspire 4G we own are unlocked (not rooted). While we travel internationally, we purchase a local SIM card for phone calls, texting and data (email, browsing etc.)
On our trip to India all worked fine. However on a recent trip to Colombia the SIM card and Data service we purchased worked ONLY for calls and text - no data on both phones. I tried two different companies with no luck.
Further more, upon return to the US I tried a prepaid MVNO ptel.com who recently converted to GSM standard (T-Mobile network).
Again, the data doesn't work.

Questions:

1. Did anyone else had a similar experience?
2. Is this a known issue with AT&T and is there a solution?
3. Would rooting the phones help?
4. If yes, is there a recent, updated guide/ROM for rooting this phone?

Thanks for any help.

krakus303

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my unlocked, not rooted, Inspire. I had to enter carrier's APN settings to get data. I now use a T-Mobile sim in my phone and I had to enter their APN as well for data access.

Noel Beimborn

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
this maybe a stupid question but how do you Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset).
ive been trying to get this phone to work for awhile now and no one seems to be able to help

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
this maybe a stupid question but how do you Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset).
ive been trying to get this phone to work for awhile now and no one seems to be able to help
Sorry, I no longer have that phone, but it should be simple. Go to Settings and check every sub menu till you find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez