Now that we have the Inspire, it or the Captivate?

Android.Ian

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn at this point. Here are the main things that i see that i like and don't like about the

Captivate

1.Very nice quality screen
2.Better battery life
3.Speakers don't suck
4.Root is already available, and has a lot of roms and such to choose from
5.I wouldn't have to trade it in (although i dont have it yet)

Cons:
1.TouchWiz
2.Lag
3.No good reviews honestly
4.Slow updates, although its now running froyo finally.

Inspire
1.SENSE
2.Htc build quality
3.Much less lag
4.Htc is better with updates
5.Camera
6.Screen size

Cons:
1.BATTERY!
2.^^No room for improvement
3.Battery/SIM doors
4.Weight
5.Root is weird and not ready yet

What do you all think now that you have the Inspire? Because im really torn, battery life and rooting and overall phone stability (for overclocking and such) are some of my main concerns, the other things i listed are just things i have noticed, feel free to review the phones! Thanks everyone!! Android.Ian

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Inspire today, and ditched my Captivate, but I must say, I'm missing my Captivate a little. The volume is really low, compared to the LOUD speakers on the Captivate. Sense is great, but now I'm stuck with 4 useless homescreens that I can't get rid of. I like the bigger screen on the Inspire though.

Reactions: Android.Ian

Android.Ian

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright, do you have anything else to say about the two phones? For me battery life, rooting, and the UI are pretty important, but there are things like the speakers that shouldn't be having problems that bug me.

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm not too concerned about rooting. UI on the Inspire is wayyy better than Captivate, but the battery life & volume is WAAYY better on the Captivate.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Recent ditcher/switcher here.
The captivate, without custom roms and lagfixes was a good phone.
The Inspire, with root and custom roms including CM7 is a GREAT phone.

I don't have any issues with volume. The battery isn't great, but it's not horrible either. I can get through the day without charging.

GeekDrew

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the Captivate, and switched to the Inspire. I suppose that I have to give credit to the Captivate for a better screen and louder speaker -- but I haven't used them side-by-side, and I haven't felt that the screen or the speaker have any issues on the Inspire.

There was so much lag with the Captivate that I frequently (read: every time I used the damned thing) wanted to throw it down on concrete and stomp on it. I also had to remove/reinsert the battery on the Captivate at least once every couple of days, because it would simply stop responding. The radio would occasionally shut itself off, and I wouldn't notice, so I'd miss several hours of calls, messages, etc., infuriating people that needed to reach me. Restarting the phone would bring the radio back online. Oh, and there's no way it had better battery life than the Inspire - if anything, they're close to the same. I can usually make it through a full day with the Inspire, but occasionally have to plug in for a few minutes in the evening. Same thing happened with the Captivate -- obviously haven't had the Inspire long enough to know for sure, but it seems to me that it lasts longer and is more predictable than the Captivate. Probably has something to do with radio strength -- I spend nearly all of my time in fringe signal areas.

The Inspire has been my knight in shining armor, so to speak. *No lag*, wonderful user interface, completely acceptable display and speaker, no issues with the radio, tends to have a better signal all the time.

No question in my mind. Go with the Inspire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty