Thinking of returning Atrix for Inspire

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just returned my Atrix for the Inspire. Screen is significantly better on the Inspire, and the speed is superior (i.e., no lag, of which there were many on the Atrix). The build quality on the Inspire is greatly superior. The last item that pushed me over was the fact that Motorola Blur sends logs to Motorola, and I cannot abide by this (apparently it?s part of the EULA, which I could not be bothered to read). While on the Moto forum one of the Motorola forum employees was analyzing a log from someone who was complaining about the Atrix and that person said that he never authorized Motorola to do that (although the idiot thought that was cool). :-(

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am due for an update in three days and am following this thread vigorously. I like the Inspire for its bigger screen and more grown up feel - but the specs of the Atrix are impressive.

But, since I am not a geek (no hacking/cracking/rooting for this guy ) and mainly want a phone that works reliably with a big screen so that I can read it with my bifocals and the biggest virtual keyboard around I lean heavily towards the Inspire. Everything will be a step up from my BB 8900 - after 20 month this phone feels almost prehistoric.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
But, since I am not a geek (no hacking/cracking/rooting for this guy ) and mainly want a phone that works reliably with a big screen so that I can read it with my bifocals and the biggest virtual keyboard around I lean heavily towards the Inspire. Everything will be a step up from my BB 8900 - after 20 month this phone feels almost prehistoric.

Based on these reasons alone the Inspire would be an ideal choice for you.

stageman

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Great thread here. I've had an EVO for my personal phone since shortly after they came out. Absolutely love it! (The battery life isn't great but I've found that has far more to do with signal strength than anything. And spare batts on ebay are cheap.)

Now my company is finally allowing us to have something other than a Blackberry for our company phone, so I've been debating between the Inspire and Atrix. (It has to be AT&T for the company to pick up the service bill.) I'm a huge fan of Sense, I've never once used my FFC on my EVO, but the battery life on the Inspire has been a concern. After reading a few threads here, I'm definitely leaning towards the Inspire. I'll try both in the store, but unless there's some jaw dropping feature on the Atrix I think I'll stick with HTC and Sense. Thanks for the feedback everyone and I'll let you know what I do.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You will find that while not great, the battery life of the Inspire is far superior to the Evo. This has to do with its new Snapdragon processor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana