Battery cover request

Thors Gal

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I am researching this phone and I am almost 100% sure this is the one I want. But I keep reading about how hard it is to remove the battery cover and the largest complaint is the battery life. Does someone know of a video that shows the removal of the cover or can someone clever here make one and post on Youtube?
:D

thanks,
Thor's Gal

jdawest

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Dont have a video, but its not hard, just lightly pry the flat edge next to the volume rocker and it pops right off. As for battery life, with average use, I make it through a 12 hour workday with no problem, and thats with listening to music on it for about 3 hours.

nickmatteis

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
when you first get it you will think that battery life is terrible but then after a while you'll learn that its really not that bad, i suggest getting a car charger though..

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
When using the device, just try to remember it's more of a computer than a phone. With all the things you can do with it, you're going to drain the battery. That being said, if and when someone makes a good higher capacity battery, I'm getting one. Until then, I have a charger at home and at work and a car charger.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, blueluck77, I saw that one already. I'm talking about a reputable manufacturer, not just a generic. I've bought plenty of generic batteries for other devices only to have them no longer hold a charge after a few months of use.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
There's no two ways about it, the Inspire battery life isn't good. It's just a short as my old HD2s, so there's no surprise that the large screen eats up batteries. Since extended batteries aren't an option, an extra OEM battery is recommended. If you ask nicely, a kind AT&T rep can use the Warranty Accessory Matcher screen in their sales system to send you another one free of charge. :)

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Since extended batteries aren't an option, an extra OEM battery is recommended.QUOTE]

I wouldn't say an extended battery is not an option. Battery technology is evolving just like everything else. Someone will figure out a way to get more juice out of the same size package. Unfortunately it will probably cost more than my Inspire did.:-$

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery life stinks because HTC included a 1200mah battery. You can get a Seido 1300mah battery, or a 1600mah one from Amazon. They are made for the Inspire and fit nicely in the battery slot, adding hours to the life of your phone between charges. The 1600mah battery is only $29 on Amazon.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. The battery cover is hard to remove that's for sure. I recommend getting an aftermarket 1600mah rather than stick with the poor 1200mah one that comes with the phone. They are only $29 on Amazon.

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, blueluck77, I saw that one already. I'm talking about a reputable manufacturer, not just a generic. I've bought plenty of generic batteries for other devices only to have them no longer hold a charge after a few months of use.

Seido is a reputable manufacturer. They sell 1300mah batteries. Slightly bigger than the one that came in the Inspire.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
When you've started using the phone for a while tap settings>about phone>battery>battery information. It shows you which apps are running and the percentage that task is using in a clean "bar graph" format. From that you can "analyze" what is using the most and try cutting down on it. It will really improve your battery life.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Seido is a reputable manufacturer. They sell 1300mah batteries. Slightly bigger than the one that came in the Inspire.

I agree Seidio is reputable. I disagree that 50mAh more is going to make a difference. I'm not looking for an extra battery, I'm looking for one that will last noticably longer.

cmfarmer7685

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
i actually bought an accessory kit on ebay, came with 3 screen protectors, 3 cases, car charger, home charger, extra usb cable, 2 stylus, window mount, 2 1600ma batteries and a battery charger (so the battery itself can sit in the charger) for 32 bucks...i must say 1600ma are really nice, once you calibrate it. my first full charge on the 1600ma battery went down so quickly like i still had the 1320ma battery in, but it stayed at 1% forever..(like 2 hours)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames