HSUPA update from AT&T

kg4zxk

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know exactly when this month the update will be pushed out to fix AT&T's crippling of the phone? I talked with a tech support rep last week and the smuck basically said it could be several months. I think he got upset when I said I should sue AT&T for selling a phone that is suppose to be 4G capible yet they cripple the phone. :mad:

kg4zxk

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I know... Really upset me they did this. Overall I love the phone. I tried Samsung and went back to the iPhone 4. The HTC models are really attractive models to use.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's harsh that AT&T does this & while I'm pissed off at the company I'd be careful when it comes to the folks in the call center.

I work in a Contact Center and the agents are constantly getting yelled at for decisions they have no control over. My company makes poor decisions and then leave the contact center out to dry.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
In March, cnet reported that AT&T confirmed the update will occur in April. With all the reaming AT&T has taken already on this, I doubt they would say April if they weren't intending to get it out in April. They could have just as easily said "soon".

kg4zxk

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was basically asking the question why should I pay full data rate when it's been shown they capped the rate. The first guy just quickly pushed me off on the tech guy. I did take issue with the tech guy saying this was a manufacture glitch. He didn't have an answer when when I said so Motorola has the same glitch with the Atrix?

I will keep waiting but on May 1st... Will see...