Typing, but doesn't transfer to screen

liger918

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I'll get a text message and I'll start typing back my reply and I'll look up to see what I've wrote so far and there is nothing on the screen. I can back out of the message and go back in and it still won't work. Go into a different message, still won't work. So I headed over to my task killer (ATK) and killed the messages app and re-opened it. Still nothing. The only remedy is to set the phone down, and wait a couple minutes and it magically works again! This method works, however it is very very annoying. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?!!! Thanks in advance to anybody who offers any advice.

Tyler08Gee

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem.. even if i use a different keyboard or go into a different app it still does the same thing.. very frustrating..

liger918

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Solved;sorta

I have tried a few roms (A.R.,Core Droid, LeeDroid) and this didn't fix it. So i tried out Cyanogenmod 7 and so far so good. I noticed before when I had a rom that used HTC Sense that my CPU became bogged down and that was the issue. So I set the CPU to around 1.2-1.2 and it made the message issue go away. However, it drains the battery if the CPU is always running at fast speeds, not to mention it makes me uncomfortable having it run like that. Cyanogenmod ROM doesn't use HTC sense and it never seems to get bogged down like the others did or even the stock ROM.

mquick21

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Using swype happens about once a week to me...try these two things

1. Hold down in the text entry field and release, select "entry method" and then change from swype to touch input, then repeat and re-select swype, quit messages and then try again.

2. Reboot if #1 doesn't work

I haven't figured out why this happens, but I have noticed that a "blue box" will appear around the keyboard when this "bug" is occuring

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have everything stock....and the only problem I seem to have is that for some reason I cant press the P letter...restarting it normally fixes this but it has happened a couple times already....

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally I dont like swype...after using normal keyboards my whole life, connecting the dots is just too confusing for me lol:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38