LG Thrive my contacts are not syncing properly

drago10029

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I bought a new LG Thrive from radioshack, the problem I'm having is only SOME of my contacts are being recovered from gmail online, also none of them are being backed up to the website. I have restored a few times to no avail.

I haven't tried any custom roms yet. It does not work whether on wifi or on 3G, calendar syncs fine. Any thoughts?? this is bad since it makes me lost contacts of coworkers that I need to constantly be in touch with.

dmullens

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem for a while. I'm not sure what "fixed" it or if anything did. I was so frustrated I created a new account on gmail, copied my contacts over (a little bit at a time), until I had them all over to the new account. After it was working on the new account, I exported them back to my original one.

It was a pain...but for some reason copying them over to the new account seemed to fix something. Wish I could be more help. One thing I believe I did was get rid of several of my "groups." Now I just have Friends, Family, and Starred in Android.

Not sure what the secret was to get it working though.....

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to log into your google account on a PC and actually edit you contacts there. There is a good chance that you had some contact saved to the phone and some from google. Editing them on google's website will be much easier and much faster. Once you have all your contacts entered the way they should be you just need to make sure that the google account is setup on the phone and that the phone is setup to sync the contacts. If your phone is not syncing go to Settings>Accounts & Sync the click on your google account and make sure that Sync contacts is checked.

vmm528

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem for at least 2 weeks. Finally I decided to try deleting some of my contacts (I had 105). There were some I just didn't need on my phone anyway and I ended up with 87 contacts. Tried the sync then and it worked perfectly and has since then (I added one more). This is after I tried every other fix and tip I could find on the web. Maybe there's a limit to the number of contacts or maybe on of the old ones was messing things up. Just not sure. Hope this helps.

dmullens

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that one of the contacts messes things up. Although, in my case it seemed to be the groupings I had. I think at that time I had something like 700 contacts, but now I have about 400, but I don't think it was a limit in the number of contacts.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually there is a limit to the number of contact... I don't remember how many but there is a limit you might want to look into that.