wifi lost

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
it took about a week, but i finally partitioned my sd card. took alot of nerve for a guy like me thats used to seeing and touching things to get a job done, instead of doing it electronically.hell, im still impressed that i can have the music that i used to carry around on a cassette tape (you whippersnappers out there ever see a cassette?)can be put on an mp3 player . anyway,in the process, my 32gb micro sd became damaged,my card reader wont recognize it, so i managed to get my old nokia 6790 to format the card, plugged it into the pc, and used it as a card reader/writer to put my backup on after the partition. everything seems cool now, data works, phone and sms work, but now i have no wifi. somehow, i must have not installed the files for it, so can anyone tell me where they are?where would i find them in my backup on the pc, so i can copy them to the phone?or is it possible that since the nokia doesnt have wifi, its not on the card now? thanx for your time.

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say your best bet is to just reflash your ROM.
Don't forget to back up your apps and what not.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
spent most of the daytrying to rectify this,walked to the library and their wifi worked for me. tried the laptops in our home and they worked on our wifi. then our town had 3 power surges that wiped out our pc (even with a good surge protector).our computer guy, who is a genius,fixed the pc after about 3 hours, he had to reload everything when he was done. just for the heck of it i tried wifi on my phone again, and now it works. still dont know what the problem was,but it works now. ironically, i was so anal about backing up my phone to my pc before the partition, and in the end i was wishing i backed up my pc to my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress