gb update help

fearthetater

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the updater but it is just saying the phone is disconnected even when i have the phone plugged in and the orange android is showing. i downloaded the drivers for the phone and still nothing.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the updater but it is just saying the phone is disconnected even when i have the phone plugged in and the orange android is showing. i downloaded the drivers for the phone and still nothing.

Had the same problem. Uninstall the LG drivers and delete the DL'ed file for them. Then re-DOWNLOAD and re-INSTALL them. For some reason my issue was caused by either a bad download or install. This fixed my problem.

pcfred

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem. Uninstall the LG drivers and delete the DL'ed file for them. Then re-DOWNLOAD and re-INSTALL them. For some reason my issue was caused by either a bad download or install. This fixed my problem.

Mine said the same thing, I ignored it and kept following the instructions in the T-Mo software update program window. After update was done *I pulled the battery and restarted the phone and all was good, connected to the computer as before. It seems I remember seeing a PC driver update window pop up at the beginning of the phone OS update, I did not have to do a driver update manually.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
After finally getting it to recognize my phone, now it's stuck mid update. Every time it reaches 4% it gives me the message that there is a problem with communication between my phone and PC. My counter is over an hour updating now. I'm never buying an LG phone again after this mess.

edit: Awesome, starting over means it downloads the whole thing again.

Last edited:

cordsig79

May 23, 2011
Visit site
You need a good consistent internet connection and do not hook up the phone.

I saw the tmo news note on GB 2.3.3, downloaded LG update tool at work on laptop hardwired into network, then pulled over the drivers when I started the update tool. It took 9 minutes from start of driver install and then hooking up the phone, then to transfer over the S/W updates.

You may have a corrupted driver........go back with the phone completely unplugged and remove the update tool from programs and delete the driver. Then go back and redownload the LG update tool program and then it should prompt you to pull over the tmobile driver file to install..........all without the phone hooked up.

Then try to plug in the phone when the tool and driver are running and prompt you too..........you probably had a corrupt driver for some reason.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are having trouble with the update communicating with your phone, one additional thing to try is to make sure you are connected directly to computer, not through a USB hub. Might have made the difference for me.

jackbox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
After finally getting it to recognize my phone, now it's stuck mid update. Every time it reaches 4% it gives me the message that there is a problem with communication between my phone and PC. My counter is over an hour updating now. I'm never buying an LG phone again after this mess.

edit: Awesome, starting over means it downloads the whole thing again.

Make sure you download the drivers linked in the updater program, not from LG's website. I got the same error in software update mode at 4% and I simply removed the USB cable and reinserted it. My phone was recognized and the update proceeded. I didn't do the battery pull as instructed. YMMV.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there another way to get the gingerbread update without using the LG updater tool?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol