Will T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 work with AT&T LTE?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will T-Mobile GNOTE 2 work with AT&T LTE?

From everything I have seen, no.

The LTE bandwidths are different on the two carriers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Will T-Mobile GNOTE 2 work with AT&T LTE?

The AT&T and Tmobile galaxy note 2 are the same all around. Same LTE bands as AT&T version. So it should work but I'm looking for one who has tested this..

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that the only thing that has been changed on the T-Mobile GNote is the addition of the AWS band.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

I have a T-Mobile GN2 on AT&T LTE at it works perfectly. I made another post once I found this out and let others know that it does work just fine.

menajemh

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

what kind of plan do u have with at&t in order to get lte. i know u have to call them in order to give your imei to enable lte on the phone. they block lte by imei dtatabase.

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

You have to unlock the phone first in order to get AT&T on a T-MO phone. Once it's unlocked you put in the sim card and it should work. If it doesn't recognize the card try rebooting the phone with the sim in it.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I have a T-Mobile GN2 on AT&T LTE at it works perfectly. I made another post once I found this out and let others know that it does work just fine.

You sure it's really lte? People at xda says it won't work but AT&T says it will. Did you change the apn or flash a AT&T modem? I need to know as my wife and I may take our note 2 and gs3 to them.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Trust xda
Att sales people say what you need to hear to make the sale.

You will get 4g hsdpa and hsdpa + for sure.

If u do this, try flashing the modem and tell us your speed test results. If u get 9mbps or lower its hsdpa+
If you get much faster, lte

Sent from my SGH-T889

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know if this will work? I read conflicting reports. Some say yes or some say no. Not sure how to flash a modem but I will if I need to. I am getting a t-mobile note 2 from a friend but I use AT&T.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Anyone know if this will work? I read conflicting reports. Some say yes or some say no. Not sure how to flash a modem but I will if I need to. I am getting a t-mobile note 2 from a friend but I use AT&T.

if I were you, even if you can get LTE, i would sell the TMo Note 2 and buy a preowned ATT Note 2. You likely won't lose money on this type of transaction.

Last edited:

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Tmo is primarly using AWS band 4 for LTE. ATT also uses it, but I believe they primarly use a different band. Long story short is, I think you'll get LTE service with other company's device whenever Band 4 is used in your area for LTE service.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure if this makes a difference but when I first Got my unlocked t-Mobile note 2(I have AT&T service) It would take about 30 seconds to find a signal, and I did not have lte. I would also notice the phone occasionally searching for signal. I changed the apn settings to ones I found on XDA and now the phone finds signal right away after being turned on, and I now have lte. These are the settings I tried.

Name: AT&T 4G
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

shifty2486

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Amazing! I've been searching for these settings all over the place. I changed my settings to exactly what you have above and it worked like a charm. Much appreciated, sir.

cemsazak

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much for this information which I've been looking for almost 2 hours on internet. Very much appreciated.

cemsazak

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh! I forgot to ask you a question:

I unlocked my T-Mobile HTC One and got a new AT&T line. I applied the settings above and I have 4g now, Do I need to make any adjustments to the settings above to get 4G lte from AT&T?

Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana