Is there a way to put the mobile data toggle into the notification bar?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a verizon note 2 and it has the mobile data toggle. My friend has the tmobile Note II and he didn't have the toggle. Is there any way to add it to the tmobile notification bar?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Sashreek

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings-> display-> notification panel and from there you can add the toggle for mobile data.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings-> display-> notification panel and from there you can add the toggle for mobile data.

I tried that, and didn't see that option in my friend's tmobile variant. It is running 4.1.2 if that makes any difference

Sashreek

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone is also running on 4.1.2 so that should not make any difference.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone is also running on 4.1.2 so that should not make any difference.

I don't know why, but I looked in the display menu under notification bar, and it did allow customization, but did not have the option for mobile data toggle on the tmobile Note II. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II did have the toggle

Sashreek

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it's better if you download any mobile toggle widgets from play stoe.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's better if you download any mobile toggle widgets from play stoe.

Notification toggle works, I just prefer a stock method to add it to the bar that's already there.

bno762

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't the Wifi toggle do the same thing? Or are you trying to turn mobile data down from 4g to 2g?

Posted via Android Central App

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't the Wifi toggle do the same thing? Or are you trying to turn mobile data down from 4g to 2g?

no, he's trying to just turn the mobile data (your carrier's network access) on/off. Wifi is there as an option the notification panel, but not mobile data.

bno762

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
So then if he wants to turn mobile data off he should just use the airplane mode, right?

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Download Widgetsoid from the Play Store. This is exactly what you're looking for! As you can customize it to look exactly like the toggles in the notification bar!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...store/apps/details?id=com.jim2&token=I2IFAqxS

Here's a screen shot...
cTrrftYS

http://db.tt/cTrrftYS

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So then if he wants to turn mobile data off he should just use the airplane mode, right?

Sure, if you turn on Airplane Mode it'll turn all radios off, which includes cell reception and network data. Some people are on a restricted data plan, so the general rule of thumb is, if you're not browsing the intenet or using apps that require data, then you should turn your network data off, but you still would want your cell reception on to receive calls and text.

So I think you're really confused. I'm not sure if you're just trolling us or really don't know what the difference between data accessed via wifi and data accessed via carrier network?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

If you use Airplane mode, you won't receive texts or phone calls. I just toggle mobile networks and wifi off, but leave the cell radio on so I can receive calls and texts during the night or whatever. Depends on what is important to you. I need to be able to receive texts from family so I leave the cell radio on at all times.

Hope this helps.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

bno762

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're just trolling us or really don't know what the difference between data accessed via wifi and data accessed via carrier network?

Not trolling. Just asking questions. Yes, I know the difference. It just didn't click that the op needed to turn off mobile data and still use the cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana