Is it just my bad luck, or do Samsung phones have issues?

mdacur

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
im convinced its samsung my first phone was the transform ultra which was a piece of work had nothing but problems and exchanged twice i gave up and went with the galaxy 2 which wasnt any better. the settings change without prompting, i kept getting an alert every 10 seconds say "charging paused voltage too high" was told by boostmobile and samsung they never heard of such thing yet if you google it alot of people had this . a friend also developed the same alert which couldnt be stopped . well all of sudden a month later it stopped and guess what my friends did also at the same time so someone knew something. also contact numbers would get combined ,it would switch to silent mode on its own. i saw all the positive reviews on boostmobiles web site then looking closer boost admits they payed customers for writting these reviews . will not own a samsung product again

Darci Franklin

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s3 for six months and have already gone through three batteries. Now, my phone will not turn on I have looked at other peoples experiences and this is apparently a common problem. I called samsung and they explained this was a common issue and suggested I upgrade to the S4 then hung up on me.

LUMIA 530

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung are really bad, I guess. My aunt bought a Galaxy S Duos2 . Before a year passed, it started having battery issues(It was not caused by any app) . My father bought a core 2 . Within two months the motherboard had to be changed. The people at the service center charged Rs4500 for it . So we have a very bad experience with all Samsung phones. We later bought Nokia phones and are very satisfied . I recently bought a Lumia.

Dominic Nathan

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
SAMJUNK

No, it is definitely not just you. I have owned 3 different Galaxy phones starting with the S3 and all of them were complete garbage.
Samsung has let me down so much at this point that I couldn’t possibly list all of the problems I have had using their phones. I guess a good place to start would be the inferior build quality of their phones, nothing on their phones is designed to last including the charging port, buttons, micro SD slot, and the thin back panel that barely holds the battery in the unit.
The phone constantly lags even though they claim it has a quad core processor, and once you start downloading apps you will need to constantly manage your apps or your phone will become almost unusable over time.
I will admit that during the first month or two I really enjoyed taking pictures with all of my Samjunk phones; if only the micro SD card slot didn’t fail I might be able to give the phone a + for the camera.
And last but not least they don't work right with any of my computers, I will get a USB device error on every computer I plug it into. I did finally find a work around online but for the price I feel like it should just work.
The Samsung Galaxy s3 and s4 are like all of the other technology coming out of Korea right now, all flash and no substance.
:mad:

Last edited:

Rong See

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am very disappointed with my tab 4. It broke within a year of use (stuck in a boot loop) and refused to let me do a hard reset. The only thing left to do is to ask for a replacement, but have been procrastinating as I know it must be a tedious process.

My other Samsung device is my S3 mini. Decently satisfied with its performance except for the dodgy screen, which had always been this way. It clicks things that I didn't and doesn't click things when I want to, so typing can be a nightmare. Battery life also sucks despite having DS Battery saver app, but I heard all smartphones have the same issue. Can't complain as it only costed me £75.

I am not fond of Apple, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Siemens (the A50 is the worst quality and ridiculously-overpriced phone of all I have ever used, but then again that disaster was from 10 years ago) and HTC products so in the future I will probably switch to LG, my husband's Nexus 5 seems pretty good and sturdy, though kinda expensive, and had a good experience with an LG Cookie until I lost it. :(

Last edited:

Roshan R1

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, lots of hardware bugs are there. Samsung are not durable. Certain phones dosnt have a overcharging protector, battery continuously charge and life gets reduced. Certain phones have wifi problems. They dont have enough sensitive to capture signals. These are hardware issues. I guess certain chips are local level.

Before buying any phone, just go around and see which models have lasted long. How often battery is changed. Battery cost, replaceable or not.

Mrich74

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Yes, lots of hardware bugs are there. Samsung are not durable. Certain phones dosnt have a overcharging protector, battery continuously charge and life gets reduced. Certain phones have wifi problems. They dont have enough sensitive to capture signals. These are hardware issues. I guess certain chips are local level.

Before buying any phone, just go around and see which models have lasted long. How often battery is changed. Battery cost, replaceable or not.

I'm done with Samsung.. Been a loyal customer for over a decade.. all electronics, phones computers, tvs, etc.. never asked for anything... I get my S7 piece of **** drops calls and doesn't receive msgs.. I sent it in.. They tell me it's got water damage and won't fix it.. all Lies I tell you.. But that's fine, I'm buying out of my contract and going back to iPhone.. I won't buy another Samsung product as long as I live..

mosscat

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Samsung make bad over priced phone

Samsung make bad over priced phone< I wood never buy from Samsung agin, Samsung are out just to rip you off now day, I wood not reconmand buying any of Samsungs produts to any one, I have got rid of all Samsung proucdts I own and will neve give Samsung my money agin

Elena789

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm done with Samsung.. Been a loyal customer for over a decade.. all electronics, phones computers, tvs, etc.. never asked for anything... I get my S7 piece of **** drops calls and doesn't receive msgs.. I sent it in.. They tell me it's got water damage and won't fix it.. all Lies I tell you.. But that's fine, I'm buying out of my contract and going back to iPhone.. I won't buy another Samsung product as long as I live..
I decided that I'm done with Samsung products after Galaxy A5. The battery did not last more than 24 hours even when the phone was new. Several months later it drained even quicker and shut down at 15%. After a year and a half the battery swelled up. Samsung products become less and less reliable and dangerous to use. I don't like iPhones either. I guess I'll switch to Сhinese Huawei. At least, their batteries last longer and there were no explosion incidents (as it was with iPhone and Samsung).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89