Just in general, is anyone having any issues with their sgs3?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a new unit today even though the girl at T-Mobile thought I was nuts lol. I replaced it because my power button on my first unit was extremely wiggly and when the phone vibrated it rattled. The guy working next to her agreed with me lol. Anyway my replacement seems a little better, but not by much. Also noticed the camera is a tad crooked but works fine.

I guess I'm being WAY to OCD now lol. I'm good to go!!!

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got the galaxy S3 about a week ago and over I am on the fence about the device. I already had to replace it because there was a speck of dirt indside camera flash lense. I do like the huge screen, and amoled display but outside of that the user interface is terrible. Samsung really needs to drop touchwiz. The wallpaper and lock screen photo choices are also poor to me because of the choices that are available they are all flowers and I am dude..lol

I do have two huge issues with this phone. One being the predictive text and the other is the fact that even though i push the power button to turn off the screen before putting it in my pocket, it continuously makes the splashing sound and runs all kinds of app. Overall, i am not happy. with it.

anamor77

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I posted a thread about an error pop up message I kept getting like every 30 seconds or go while using the phone. I had to do a Factory reset and it fixed it. Also I do have the issue with not getting signal where with my previous phone I used to. At my job(at a hospital), with mytouch phone, used to get okay signal, now I have to stay on wifi if I want to get on internet. I also have an issue now with my contacts, I don't want my FB contacts to sync, already went to account syncs and removed it and still does not work.

hp10BII

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
First time with the Android OS and spent good five hours learning it.

With the Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile device), I am experiencing a few bugs:

1. After receiving or making a call with Speakerphone on and ending the conversation, the phone would be stuck on the Phone interface.
The Back button does not respond only the Home button. But I can NOT make any calls after. I notice on the top indicator bar is now Green. I would have to somehow go back Phone and manually end the call (forgot the steps). Very strange and happens quite often.

2. I thought pressing Back capacity button would close the programs but under Task Manager they are still showing up on the Task Manager. So I always End All under Active Application. Every 2 days I would need to Restart the phone to make it faster and to decrease the RAM.

3. Just today, when trying to make a phone call at home with 'Wi-Fi Calling' turned on, it would not make any call "Dial Canceled" right away. I thought it was because I was heavily using the internet via wifi. But a Device Restart fixed the problem. Strange.

Those are the only problems I experienced for the first week. I'll update as I use it more.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have is with when connected to Wi-Fi is that I get connection timed out... Never had this problem with my Sensation 4G...

dr3167

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
First time Android user coming from years of blackberry. It took me awhile to go through all the settings. After that I discovered the various launchers (sticking with apex).

Bluetooth issue: wouldn't automatically start sync with car stereo. ..deleting and resyncing fixed it

Battery would last about 7 hours: fixed by removing app/widgets (not sure which one was the offending app as I removed a bunch at once).. ...now get about twenty to twenty for hours out of a charge.

Most of my issues were user related.

Sent from my GS3

lilbas

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
You probably have that smart watch feature on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Where do u find smart watch feature? My lite dims and then that is it for that page, it never brightens again. This phone has very poor reception @ my house. This phone is beginning to annoyyyy me!

MangaColosseum

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So far my biggest problem is when I'm using the camera, when I click the little icon to look at the photo I just took, the camera completely freezes my phone for about 10 seconds, then I get a message saying the camera has crashed.. also my charger won't stay in the phone.. literally, as I sit here typing this, the charger has fallen out 5 times.. it charges my phone just fine, but if I move the phone at all it falls out.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Cell standby really high other then that really good

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It been reported that Samsung fudge up the cell standby. They mistakenly set the high percentage in the reporting log. They already working on a fix to fix the report log. You can search Google about it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

shockwave0_1

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issue as you! I cannot receive calls after like 2 or 3 days even though I have full signal strength.. Should not be like this!I would have to restart my phone. Please let me know what you did to fix this frustrating issue... Thanks!

rockhop

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have is no comm w/ PC via USB. I've spent days Googling uninstalling / reinstalling USB drivers, factory resets, battery pulls, cables and Samsung Advanced Voice Tech Support says I've performed all of the known troubleshooting. I don't even want KIES.

I have a $600 phone and have to pry the cover off to pop the sd card in my reader to transfer files. My SGS2 was pure file dropping bliss. I have a another week to return to TMO.

BTW how big can I go w/ the sd card?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My only problems
- Some of my apps keep force closing, especially Groupon and Accuweather...not sure if its a phone issue or the app...I don't really use them much anyways

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have is no comm w/ PC via USB. I've spent days Googling uninstalling / reinstalling USB drivers, factory resets, battery pulls, cables and Samsung Advanced Voice Tech Support says I've performed all of the known troubleshooting. I don't even want KIES.

I have a $600 phone and have to pry the cover off to pop the sd card in my reader to transfer files. My SGS2 was pure file dropping bliss. I have a another week to return to TMO.

BTW how big can I go w/ the sd card?

You can go up to 64GB

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
suddenly my calendar has a mind of it's own. i have a daily reminder set for 6 pm and now it doesn't go off until 830 or 9. I did install go sms pro recently so would that 3rd party app be messing with it?