Swiping screen on contact list to make a call no longer working with JB

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When in the contacts list, swiping my finger to the left on the contact would previously send a text message and swiping to the right would call the contact. Ever since the JB update, swiping to the right to call results in an "Internet calls not supported" error.

For what it's worth, when I'm in my text messages folder and do the same thing with the swiping of the screen, the calls go through fine. Anyone else have this problem?

ComputerJAM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

Did you do a hard reset or an upgrade in place when you went to JB?

I upgraded, but then did a hard reset and complete reinstall since my phone was slowing down drastically. Everything is perfect now.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just did an update through Kies. To be clear, is a battery pull the same thing as a hard reset? I heard people were doing a complete reinstall but I haven't had any problems, except for this one, and didn't want to go through the hassle of setting up all of my settings again.

MacFarlaneKen

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem for some, but not all, contacts. I found that the contact that was generating "internet calls not supported" had a default email address set; when I cleared the default and tried again, it worked.

ComputerJAM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just did an update through Kies. To be clear, is a battery pull the same thing as a hard reset? I heard people were doing a complete reinstall but I haven't had any problems, except for this one, and didn't want to go through the hassle of setting up all of my settings again.

Sorry, I meant "Factory Data Reset". At first I upgraded to JB in place, but I was experiencing battery issues and slowness. All is well now.

Think of it like this, a little hassle for a couple of days; and peace and tranquility for months to come. :)

djthomas98

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem for some, but not all, contacts. I found that the contact that was generating "internet calls not supported" had a default email address set; when I cleared the default and tried again, it worked.

I was having the same problem described above after applying the OTA JB update. It was only happening with one of my contacts and I couldn't figure out why that contact was the only one having the issue until reading this post. After clearing the default email setting on that contact, the problem stopped! Thanks!!! That's an annoying bug...I hope Samsung/T-mobile release a maintenance update to fix this issue and a few of the other small bugs that I've noticed in the JB build.

krusej23

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have fixed it by switching the email default to another email address and then back again. So if there are two emails 123@gmail.com and 456@gmail.com, I want 123@gmail.com to be the default but it is causing issues. I switch the default to 456@gmail.com and exit it out and it works. Then I go back in and switch it back to 123@gmail.com and it works again. That has worked on most of them but I have one that is causing me more issues. Anyone else seen this?

jdllizard

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but all you really have to do to fix it is start halfway through and swipe. Not sure why you can't start at the far left like before, but I found if I start in the middle of the contact and swipe right, it works every time.

tpomero

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
This fix worked for me too. Start the swipe in the middle of the contact. It is a lot more finicky than before the update and doesn't work as well, but it does work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez