Galaxy S3 - Computer Freeze on Deletion

Sexandpolitics

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread and first question. What a great resource, thanks to everyone that partakes!

Process:
-After taking a few pictures on my Galaxy S3, I connect to my windows 7 OS desktop via USB. I have the settings on either my phone or computer (not sure which is relevant here) such that pictures and vids are automatically downloaded from my phone, after which the same settings should delete the pictures/vid from my phone. After the DL to my computer, she (my computer) tries to delete the aforementioned. At the end of the process, the pop up that tells me it's all complete gets frozen (AFTER deleting the pics/vids from my phone). I usually ctrl/alt/del to close the dialogue box, and then all is sort of well. Meaning the pics/vids have been deleted.

I'm sure having to force quit isn't good for my computer or phone, but I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
S&P

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread and first question. What a great resource, thanks to everyone that partakes!

Process:
-After taking a few pictures on my Galaxy S3, I connect to my windows 7 OS desktop via USB. I have the settings on either my phone or computer (not sure which is relevant here) such that pictures and vids are automatically downloaded from my phone, after which the same settings should delete the pictures/vid from my phone. After the DL to my computer, she (my computer) tries to delete the aforementioned. At the end of the process, the pop up that tells me it's all complete gets frozen (AFTER deleting the pics/vids from my phone). I usually ctrl/alt/del to close the dialogue box, and then all is sort of well. Meaning the pics/vids have been deleted.

I'm sure having to force quit isn't good for my computer or phone, but I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
S&P

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried downloading and installing the most current version of Samsung drivers for your PC?

Sexandpolitics

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried DLing the latest driver and was told by a pop up box that I already have said update. I don't think this is the solution. I wonder if the solution resides with my phone or computer. Could be the computer instead of the phone.

ADENDUM

I downloaded the dirvers for my model, the SGH T999 (T-Mobile's version) again, and now my computer doesn't see my phone at all! Ouch!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried DLing the latest driver and was told by a pop up box that I already have said update. I don't think this is the solution. I wonder if the solution resides with my phone or computer. Could be the computer instead of the phone.

ADENDUM

I downloaded the dirvers for my model, the SGH T999 (T-Mobile's version) again, and now my computer doesn't see my phone at all! Ouch!

Try restarting the PC, the phone different cable and port.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3