Pull Ring to Unlock...reduction in touch sensitivity...possible to disable?

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pull Ring to Unlock...reduction in touch sensitivity...possib

I've had this problem too but was dealing with it because I thought it was my screen protector.

I'll usually wait a full second then drag the ring in a half circle loop to the center of the screen. Frustrating. It doesn't effect the lower portion of my keyboard though, but it does seem harder to hang up and answer the phone.

seanwilliams78

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I've had this problem too but was dealing with it because I thought it was my screen protector.

I'll usually wait a full second then drag the ring in a half circle loop to the center of the screen. Frustrating. It doesn't effect the lower portion of my keyboard though, but it does seem harder to hang up and answer the phone.

I downloaded NoLock from the Market and that has disabled the pull ring, so that's a start. But I'm still having input issues with those other situations (home, text, etc).

Should I bother going into a T-Mobile, or are they just going to tell me "Sorry, you've had it 3+ weeks. Pay us $150 or whatever it is and use insurance to replace it." ?!?!

I don't like going in there "unarmed" and having no idea what options I really have!

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded NoLock from the Market and that has disabled the pull ring, so that's a start. But I'm still having input issues with those other situations (home, text, etc).

Should I bother going into a T-Mobile, or are they just going to tell me "Sorry, you've had it 3+ weeks. Pay us $150 or whatever it is and use insurance to replace it." ?!?!

I don't like going in there "unarmed" and having no idea what options I really have!

I like the ring though.

You can absolutely insist on having it swapped out. It's a software defect, so you're covered. Whether or not they swap it out in store is a different matter. You may have to send it in.

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I like the ring though.

You can absolutely insist on having it swapped out. It's a software defect, so you're covered. Whether or not they swap it out in store is a different matter. You may have to send it in.

Just went to the store and they reset the phone and still was acting up..t Mobile store gave me a brand new phone and battery..so much better and faster

alphawave7

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

FWIW, I decided after an hour that I did NOT like Sense, at all...so I put on LauncherPro (ran it on Nexus One) and have not had ANY of these touchscreen issues. Wonder it it's Sense-related. Also, use NoLock mentioned earlier, since I prefer to sleep the screen, and never 'lock' it. :)

Mardogg44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a question... Does anyone with these problems with the ring have the Body Guard case for it? I'm talking about the one that slides on and off.. we had to send them back. 3 people exchanged their devices in the first couple weeks and I believe they all had that case. We sent them back because they fit WAY too tight!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Just a question... Does anyone with these problems with the ring have the Body Guard case for it? I'm talking about the one that slides on and off.. we had to send them back. 3 people exchanged their devices in the first couple weeks and I believe they all had that case. We sent them back because they fit WAY too tight!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I had these problems without any case on it at all.

davecuthbert

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I also have this problem, in my case it is typing texts. I have to tap two or three times on occassion for a letter to register. I guess I will need to go to my local store :(
Love the phone otherwise.

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't happen everytime but I still get touch freakout when phone is charging.....

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

if you're using a live wallpaper it might affect the rig too. when you use a normal wallpaper and restart your phone it should work just fine. i had that same problem and did that now its back to the way it was whe i first bought the phone.

pcaker

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Here is another work around for an unresponsive screen unlock ring pull on an HTC phone, which I experience perhaps once every 6 months.
From the top black bar on the screen, drag all the way down the notifications and quick settings - yes, it does respond!
Press notifications tab at bottom left of screen, look for the horizontal row of previously used app icons near the top of the screen.
Press any app icon, and that app will open. Then at bottom of phone, press either "return" or "home" buttons to go to home screen, which should now be unlocked.
Finally, restart phone to clear likely causes of the original problem.

Rabc Spaniel

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
My HTC is now about 5 years old. It has just developed lack of sensitivity of the touch screen. Recently it would put s in place of a. Then I cleaned the screen with alcohol, fixed. But 2 days later the ring would not pull. I managed to do a reset after smashing the phone against a wood desk. No good.

Many of you will be going OOOOOOOOOOO 5 years old what do you expect? I expect more for the bloody planet or our temporary sojourn on same that's what. Disposable built in obsolescent capitalistic crap. My little Nokia PHONE just works gets a great signal most places and costs a fraction of 'smart' phones.

Not so different from my sat nav. Had a TT 710 for years that still works really well if you fiddle with the power connector, starts straight away, gets GPS instantly etc. New fancier Tom Toms are poor in comparison - ah but it does so much more they say. Not fit for purpose though, when you want to go you want to go.

Anything else in this disposable world I can moan about, well yes................but I am now fed up and like the technology I think I will just switch off;........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk