Optimus T + CM7 booting and widgets problem

boblu

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have CM7 unofficial port stable:6.5.8 ( [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.5.8,testing:6.6.1] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers ) on my optimus T.

Everything works fine except for two annoying problems:

1. When rebooting, the phone will be frozen at the circling cyanogen animation. I will have to disconnect the battery, put it back, tun the power on and it will boot correctly.

2. When [1] happens, all my widgets will be replaced by the "problem loading widget" boxes.

Some details:

a. [1] doesn't always happen. Generally if I reboot right after a successful rebooting everything should be fine. But if I reboot the phone after keeping it on for several days, it will always hapen.

b. [2] always and only follows [1]. (When [1] happens, [2] always does. When[1] does not, [2] never.)

c. I have link2SD installed and I do have several apps/widgets on the ext2 partition on the SD card. But [1] and [2] keep happening even when all my widgets in use is installed in the internal memory.

d. By rebooting I mean reboot from the power button menu. I never remember to try to turn the phone off and back on.

e. switching to different launchers does not help.

Any advice?

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I may be taking a shot in the dark here but it appears that there is something with the soft boot that isnt identifying the partitions on the sd. This is why your widgets arent populating properly upon failed softboot. hardbooting allows all of the system data to load properly and in order, which will allow it to read the SD properly and your widgets would work.

Just a thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non