save me from going back to my iPhone

filmhack

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys... BRAND new android user as of 3 days ago. Got a Note 3 on T-Mobile (wi-fi calling was a huge plus for me) and my iPhone 5 is a paperweight now. Been using iPhones since '07. After using this phone for 3 days I do NOT want to go back... I love the creative openess of the OS and want to explore more, however I'm having 2 major issues from the get go. One is apps crashing. The Facebook app seemed to be working fine until I purchased a Target gift for my cousin. Since the purchase, when I went to his page, or my page, the app crashed on any scroll. I tried uninstalling from the app manager, and that didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling from Google Play, and since that, now even launching the Facebook app crashes before it loads anything. Thoughts?

Next is caller ID. Ever since I got the Note 3, every single number that has come in, has ';oli=63' at the end of it, and therefore is not recognized by my contact list. Knowing who's calling me is imperative to my business, and this is a deal breaker. I've read the blogs, T-mobile's tech fix, done that, and still nothing works.

I'm hoping I can get some help before I reluctantly give my android experience up and go back to my stale iOS.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

filmhack

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly enough that current caller ID app just might tide me over.. incoming Calls (even though they still have the wonky appendage) are linking to my contacts... Although the call log still doesn't recognize the person... As long as I know who it is at the moment of the call...for now is good for me... thanks! Facebook I guess will have to be Chrome - based. I'd rather browser facebook and android than app based OS 7 at this point... very much appreciated :)

filmhack

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Update. ... I COMPLETELY forgot that I signed up for the beta of the Facebook app. I quit the beta program, re-installed,
and everything is back to normal. No crashes.. reports were sent, and I'm glad to be back. Idiotic complaint and omission of facts on my part... thanks for the quick help regardless... and for getting my caller id band - aid ed until a fix is in place... thanks much!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Update. ... I COMPLETELY forgot that I signed up for the beta of the Facebook app. I quit the beta program, re-installed,
and everything is back to normal. No crashes.. reports were sent, and I'm glad to be back. Idiotic complaint and omission of facts on my part... thanks for the quick help regardless... and for getting my caller id band - aid ed until a fix is in place... thanks much!

Glad it's back to working for you! :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress