Lost recovery, stuck in a loop..wtf!!

Gentoo7

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone is not booting into recovery at all, when I hold down the vol up + home + power it just loops. It keeps giving me a message about my kernel. I know there are a lot of other threads regarding looping issues, but are still able to get into recovery. I've spent hours trying everything I have come across that might seem to work and nothing has. Does anyone know of a way to use Odin from a PC to fix this issue?? I've attached some pictures of what is sort of going on and the files I've used to try and fix this. I'm very desperate at this point for any advice!! Thanks...

Attachments

• Nfiles.jpg
    Nfiles.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Nfucked.jpg
    Nfucked.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Nodin.jpg
    Nodin.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 11
  • NOdin2.jpg
    NOdin2.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 10

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to try to reflash the stock ROM. But, even then that may not fix anything.

Gentoo7

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Could you please post me a link for it? I found one for Jb but not KK. I was also advised to try this..."Have you updated to the kitkat bootloader. if you have and try to use the cf root made for our device the recovery is no longer usable. google search cf auto root for n9005 kitkat. that one works though it will install the recovery for the n9005 but is functional other than that i would say go to sammobile.com and make an account (free) then download wich ever version you had running wether it be 4.3 or 4.4 then use 7zip and extract the recover.img then flash that using odin...." Does that sound like something that may work?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The KK ROM may not be available yet. I will see what I can find and post if I find it.
As for the other suggestion, it might work, but I personally wouldn't try it. I am always leery of mixing firmwares like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app