TMO Note 3 Build/baseband N900TUVUDNF9 update

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I saw a couple people were already talking about this but since the title of that thread is incorrect (labeled 4.4.4), I wanted to make a post for people who are looking for info about this update.

New Build and baseband N900TUVUDNF9 released today Sept 10. 78MB OTA over Wifi or you can download through Kies.

OTA says VoLTE stability updates. TMO page says Wifi calling enhancements. It is still 4.4.2.

I'm personally having a problem with the update. It looked like it updated successfully but about 5 minutes after it rebooted I suddenly got a message that the update failed. The new build and baseband, however are under my device settings and Kies also sees the new version. I rebooted, cleared cache, and pulled the battery and SIM. Still a problem.

I have call, email, internet connectivity but no LTE. It reset my APN settings but it will not let me change them back to my IPv4 settings anymore. It will not stick and no LTE on the default TMO settings. Also, if I go into call settings and choose Additional I get a network/SIM error, but can still make calls.

I'm going to keep trying things before doing a reset. I'd suggest others may want to download through KIES. There are usually less problems that way even though it takes longer.

Edit: Interesting addition. T-Mobile just updated their notes to say that this version added TMO free inflight texting.

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my LTE back after 3 more battery pulls and cache partition clears. Still getting the Network/SIM error when choosing additional call settings. Still not sure what to do about the failed update message since right now, except for the above error, everything seems to be working.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine as well. I had been using my HTC One M8 and yesterday was playing with a Nexus 5. This morning i switched to my Note 3 and had the update so i was thinking it was an older one. Guess i have good timing.
Mine did say it updated OK.
jpr, i hope you get your issues resolved.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Interesting addition. T-Mobile just updated their notes to say that this version added TMO free inflight texting. I rarely fly so won't be testing that out any time soon. I haven't been keeping up with flying regulations since I haven't had a need to. I didn't think approval for cell phone use in flight had been approved yet. Maybe that's only US flights. But then would TMO texting work outside the US? Well it's not really important to me but seeing the new feature just made me curious.

Edit: I found this info: http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-...arrier.html?icid=WMD_TM_Q314TT_W35XKZN1WBU751

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress