[VIBRANT FROYO] The official update thread

EmrysTal

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone upgraded in a half hour, but now Avatar doesn't work and the only keyboards available are Swype and Samsung keyboard.

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Total install time including downloading kies = 10 minutes.

Relatively painless considering the wait (I've only had it since November)

orgwizard

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
go a few posts back...there's a reset I did that fixed that.
and yeah...what happend to the android keyboard...
though if I'm not wrong, the sammy keyboard looks a lot like the gingerbread one that was put out that I tried.

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Eww, it gave me back the old market. But the first thing it did was download new Gmail Youtube and Flash automatically for me.

EmrysTal

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
@ju12zo: It did the same with me, but wait a bit and it'll update back to the newest one.

@orgwizard: No way to do it without the reset? And if not, what info gets deleted when the reset happens?

EDIT: Also, it might be just me, but tactile feedback feels a bit weaker now.

Last edited:

orgwizard

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
more info

@orgwizard: No way to do it without the reset? And if not, what info gets deleted when the reset happens?

seems same as a factory reset...not sure if dialing that number is different then going under privacy and doing the factory reset there...but fixed my license issue...and it will wipe out the phone...but thought the 2.2 update did that anyway.
honestly not sure if is another way to do it...was the only fix I found off hand..and my phone was fresh anyway...
you can always try calling t-mo if you want a better option...

EDIT: Also, it might be just me, but tactile feedback feels a bit weaker now.[/QUOTE]

yeah...the keyboard does feel weaker, especially even switchign from the default swype..to the samsung one...but I think there has to be a setting for this...just haven't looked...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well so far it sounds like the complaints are minimal. Just think, how long is the wait going to be for the first bug fix update?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This was an Easy Update

A few notes

1. KIES MINI WORKS FINE ON 64 BIT (www.tinyurl.com/kiesmini)
2. You HAVE to be on TwLauncher (Touchwiz UI)
3. You have to have USB connection mode set to Kies

About the Update:

my phone feels so much more powerful now...the speed is about the same but im running a bunch of widgets with adw launcher ex...quadrant is around 950...im sure its still the file system keeping that number down

im loving mobile AP and tethering....i havent played around much with USB tethering, but mobile access point works wonders...and with adw launcher i can make a shortcut on my homescreen to activate this on the fly

all the icons are now colorful in the settings, and the dialogue windows are a darker blue, there is a sensor rotation shortcut in the notification pulldown, in the power menu, there is a new option to turn off data networks (separate from airplane mode, probably AWESOME for battery)

there is a new app called T-Mobile TV, and its live TV for certain channels...you get one month free...there is another new app called wifi calling which still uses minutes, but im assuming itll have much better call quality (this is funny since they charge you for minutes while you are using your broadband provider's internet)

Skype and other 2.2 apps work fine (kongregate, ti-83, etc)

Chances are is that GPS issues are hardware...if you have a valid warranty use it....i did and i went from finding 1 satellite but not using it for a fix, to finding 10 and using 9 of them for a fix

That sounds like a good neighborhood when compaired to people that have ran Quadrant on Epic 4g's running Froyo RFS Filesystem.

bobaka

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
all that wait and you're getting only ~900 on quadrant?
with Cognition ROM on Captivate quadrant gives over 1500
gee thanks samsung

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
The Kies Mini application keeps force closing on my pc. It detects my girlfriend's Vibrant but then stops working and I'm being forced to close it.

EmrysTal

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I just found: When I turned on my phone, the T-mobile jingle is ringing (extremely loudly) even though I have the system volume turned all the way down (the sign off jingle is off though). Anyone else having this issue?

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
People keep talking about all these GPS problems, i've used mine for a while now and yet to have any problems with it.

???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch