[VIBRANT FROYO] The official update thread

zh3n

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Please...If I can have ANY help,whether small or big, I will be eternally gratefully. I had to get a replacement Vibrant sent to me about a month ago. Ever since I got it, I've been trying to update it to FROYO,with no luck. I updated my old Vibrant to 2.2, on my own with no issues and even had it rooted. I have tried everything I know possible to update it. I am a total noob and it's a little frustrating trying this with no results. I have been on some forums, called Tmobile and Samsung. Tmobile said it's Samsung's issue. I called them, they tried helping but, whatever links and supposed solutions they gave me, does not work. Every time I connect my phone to Kies Mini it always says: unsupported device. This phone is stock. I haven't done anything to it since it was mailed to me.

I can't seem to get any further from that. I uninstalled/reinstalled Kies Mini. Restarted laptop after each install and uninstall. Made sure USB Debugging is checked, I don't have any Launchers installed so I didn't have to worry about that, disabled firewall and Antivirus. I don't know if I'm missing or doing anything wrong. Is there anything else I can try? This shouldn't be this hard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201