Is T-Mobile worth another try?

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I ported last night. Still waiting for the port to actually occur...both numbers are still working. They told me to refill the T-Mobile account before porting so hopefully it all transfers correctly.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the port process started. Go Phone reps kept giving me the wrong account number since it was originally a post-paid plan. Finally had the T-mobile rep conference with att and they got it sorted out. Incoming calls/text are still going to ATT but that usually happens for a while.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the port process started. Go Phone reps kept giving me the wrong account number since it was originally a post-paid plan. Finally had the T-mobile rep conference with att and they got it sorted out. Incoming calls/text are still going to ATT but that usually happens for a while.

Hopefully it works better for you this go round :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it works better for you this go round :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

So far so good everything working now so far. Streamed about and hour of the good the bad and the ugly with google movies over LTE today. Not a stutter at all.

Posted via Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
How's this for funny. I liked T-Mobile so much that I now literally work for T-Mobile. Seriously...I start training on Monday. Loving unlimited data.

I work for T-Mobile as a rep and I love it. Great pay, great benefits and the people I work with are awesome.
Need any advice or have questions let me know.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched about 3 weeks ago to T-Mobile. Needless to say, the service is okay. It doesn't touch Verizon in any aspect. My coverage indoors is pretty pathetic and disappointing. Overall I'm not satisfied with T-Mobile

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Switched from AT&T about 2 months ago or so. Could not be happier with the switch. Great service all around.

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm upset with the LTE coverage in my city. Their maps say the city is covered with LTE. There are maybe 3 or 4 main roads in the entire city with a trace of LTE on them. Very disappointing and my phone drops to E sometimes on my road which is in the heart of the city. They better build a better network or more people will leave.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I switched about 3 weeks ago to T-Mobile. Needless to say, the service is okay. It doesn't touch Verizon in any aspect. My coverage indoors is pretty pathetic and disappointing. Overall I'm not satisfied with T-Mobile

Call them and get a signal booster for free

@T-Mobile GN3

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Its not so much in my house, its everywhere like walk mart, the mall, and any building you go into.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

As with ANY carrier your mileage will vary depending on area. No carrier is perfect, but T-Mobile is better than Sprint and working on upgrading the rest. You have to remember, it wasn't that long ago that they had no LTE anywhere. They've made amazing progress in a short amount of time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm upset with the LTE coverage in my city. Their maps say the city is covered with LTE. There are maybe 3 or 4 main roads in the entire city with a trace of LTE on them. Very disappointing and my phone drops to E sometimes on my road which is in the heart of the city. They better build a better network or more people will leave.

At least you can leave T-Mobile and not worry about being gouged for early termination fees. If the coverage is poor in your area, can you switch to a different provider, and then maybe reconsider T-Mo if and when their coverage improves? You could probably switch to AT&T easily for now without having to buy a new phone.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like it works just fine in all my usual areas. I can't really drive all over the place just to test it but it seems to be working well. Places where I had literally nothing with the S4 GPE now have at least H.

Do you think the your improved Tmobile reception was due to your Ultra GPE having better radio antennas than your S4 GPE and Nexus 4? Or was it Tmobile upgraded their infrastructure? Maybe both?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
At least you can leave T-Mobile and not worry about being gouged for early termination fees. If the coverage is poor in your area, can you switch to a different provider, and then maybe reconsider T-Mo if and when their coverage improves? You could probably switch to AT&T easily for now without having to buy a new phone.

Although tmobile doesn't have an etf which is $350 max on other carriers, keep in mind that if you decide to leave and bought the phone on their payment plan, that the balance which could exceed $600 becomes due.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, that's true. I got my Nexus 5 from Google, so that's something I wouldn't have to worry about.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!