What would be the next Uncarrier move be, if you were John Legere?

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a T mobile customer but I am reading up on them before I switch.

Something I would like to see is the VoLTE (hd voice) be compatible with VoLTE on other carriers. Right now you can only get hd voice if both phones have it, they both are in VoLTE area's and both are using T-mobile. Granted this is the case with all carriers but it does seem like I read somewhere that ATT and Verizon have agreed to work with each other in the future.

Last edited:

droidfan2014

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
HD voice currently does not work cross-carrier. It is only T-Mobile to T-Mobile.

If your tmobile phone is HD enabled and if the called party is on att for example, it will in fact activate on it's own and your conversation will be in HD. Do some research, as I have done. That's how you learn

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If your tmobile phone is HD enabled and if the called party is on att for example, it will in fact activate on it's own and your conversation will be in HD. Do some research, as I have done. That's how you learn

HD voice doesn't work cross carrier yet. They have to be on T-Mobile as outlined on the T-Mobile Website. Please see the quote below.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/media-kits/hd-voice.htm

To experience HD Voice, both parties on the call must use capable T-Mobile 4G smartphones such as the HTC One S, Nokia Astound and Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile’s HD Voice-enabled nationwide network. T-Mobile is the first U.S. wireless provider to launch HD Voice nationwide.

droidfan2014

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
HD voice doesn't work cross carrier yet. They have to be on T-Mobile as outlined on the T-Mobile Website. Please see the quote below.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/media-kits/hd-voice.htm

Except that it does.....but the that article you posted ...is quite old......... Jan. 8, 2013 — T-Mobile today announced that HD Voice is now available on its network nationwide,. .....

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Except that it does.....but the that article you posted ...is quite old......... Jan. 8, 2013 — T-Mobile today announced that HD Voice is now available on its network nationwide,. .....

Everything I have read from T-mobile says it has to be T-mobile to T-mobile, I just sent a twitter message to clear it up.

PDF on T-mobile website

"How it works:
HD voice is a set of features on the network and the handset, including enhanced audio processing,
multiple microphones, speakers and improved echo cancellation. T-Mobile HD Voice leverages the
Wideband Adaptive Multi-Rate (Wideband AMR) codec – a technology which accommodates an audio
frequency range that’s twice as wide as a regular, narrowband cell phone call – as well as enhancements
to the microphones and speaker systems in T-Mobile smartphones. To benefit from HD Voice, both parties
on the call must use capable T-Mobile smartphones and be connected to T-Mobile’s nationwide HD Voiceenabled
network
"

Also if you notice "T-Mobile HD Voice leverages the
Wideband Adaptive Multi-Rate (Wideband AMR) codec – a technology which accommodates an audio
frequency range that’s twice as wide as a regular, narrowband cell phone call" This may not be a standardized VOLTE and is proprietary to T-mobile which would limit it to T-mobile customers only

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a newer article saying what you're saying? After all, you've done the research, right?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Everything I have read from T-mobile says it has to be T-mobile to T-mobile, I just sent a twitter message to clear it up.

PDF on T-mobile website

"How it works:
HD voice is a set of features on the network and the handset, including enhanced audio processing,
multiple microphones, speakers and improved echo cancellation. T-Mobile HD Voice leverages the
frequency range that’s twice as wide as a regular, narrowband cell phone call – as well as enhancements
to the microphones and speaker systems in T-Mobile smartphones. To benefit from HD Voice, both parties
on the call must use capable T-Mobile smartphones and be connected to T-Mobile’s nationwide HD Voiceenabled
network
"

Also if you notice "T-Mobile HD Voice leverages the
frequency range that’s twice as wide as a regular, narrowband cell phone call" This may not be a standardized VOLTE and is proprietary to T-mobile which would limit it to T-mobile customers only

This. HD voice only works T-Mobile to T-Mobile.

droidfan2014

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Wide band AMR is not proprietary at all....all the big guys use it. There are a few apps you can download that will tell you when your on a HD call. It alerts u with a beep and makes the screen flash. Happens all the time when I call Verizon, att customers. .....so yea

droidfan2014

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
No matter what I say, you will argue. ....that's fine, we will just have to agree to disagree. It's all good ......I just like to give people accurate information instead of telling people " well I think".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No matter what I say, you will argue. ....that's fine, we will just have to agree to disagree. It's all good ......I just like to give people accurate information instead of telling people " well I think".

I'm not thinking .. Hd voice and a volte call are different when not calling another T-Mobile customer. Hd voice kicks in when T to T ... Volte can be used for anyone. Where is your source / proof that HD works via other carriers ?

I just don't see how it could work when ATT and them are still working on HD voice and have it in only small test areas .. I don't see how'd they have something their carrier doesn't support. I know T-Mobile does .. But that doesn't mess with other carriers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wide band AMR is not proprietary at all....all the big guys use it. There are a few apps you can download that will tell you when your on a HD call. It alerts u with a beep and makes the screen flash. Happens all the time when I call Verizon, att customers. .....so yea

T-Mobile compatible phones will show HD .. No app needed.

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
As a newish TMobile convert, there is a simple answer to this question-increase coverage, cos it just plain sucks. I was on ATT for 6+ years, and almost never lost coverage. I find myself in some pretty remote places on my dirt bike, and I always had coverage. Since switching to TMobile, its hit or miss, and I'll likely switch back to ATT and spend almost twice as much for it.

Increase coverate T Mobile, cos yours just plain blows. It's 2015 and we're all connected 24/7. This is what we want and have become accustomed to.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
As a newish TMobile convert, there is a simple answer to this question-increase coverage, cos it just plain sucks. I was on ATT for 6+ years, and almost never lost coverage. I find myself in some pretty remote places on my dirt bike, and I always had coverage. Since switching to TMobile, its hit or miss, and I'll likely switch back to ATT and spend almost twice as much for it.

Increase coverate T Mobile, cos yours just plain blows. It's 2015 and we're all connected 24/7. This is what we want and have become accustomed to.
They are already expanding and strengthening their network, as fast as they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They're working on it .. But it won't be over night. Always research coverage before switching a carrier.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
They are already expanding and strengthening their network, as fast as they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

I live in NYC and it's pretty bad .... They also need to fix building penetration . I'm for giving people chances and I'll probably give t-mobile another try like in another 5-6 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana