Microsoft Teams muted

CatLady2010

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just attended a mandatory work meeting via Microsoft Teams on my S23 Ultra. This is the first such meeting I've attended on this phone. I had no issues with my Note 20 Ultra.

In this morning's meeting, I could not be heard no matter what I did. I muted and unmuted. The phone was plugged in so I unplugged it. Still no go.

I could hear everything that was said. I used the chat feature, but I don't think anyone else knew it was there so no one responded.

I was logged in as a guest. That's the only way I can attend meetings on my phone. Everyone using personal phones must log in as a guest.

Any ideas on what I can try in the future if this happens again? It's entirely possible Teams will work perfectly next time I use it? Next time, participation may be more crucial and I'd like to be able to troubleshoot.

Thanks

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to log in as a guest just because you're using a personal phone? Not sure of the reasoning behind that.

Glad that's not the policy at my work. We all use our personal phones for Teams meetings at some point. Plus, we see all the group chat stuff when out on job sites. We're an architecture firm, so we are in and out, sometimes out of state at all different times.

I don't think that would affect the mute issue, but it would seem to be limiting in other ways.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would agree that you should talk to your employer's IT department first. You might also talk to a colleague and see if they would hold a private meeting with you where you could test and play around with settings and try to figure it out for yourself. I don't know if you have any casual friends at work like that who would just hangout on a call with you while you attempt to figure it out.

CatLady2010

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I put in an IT ticket for an issue involving agency equipment at the end of July and they finally resolved last week. I don't think they'll be motivated to assist with issues with my own equipment.

I attended another meeting via Teams today and everything worked fine. I made no changes to any of my phone or app settings. Hopefully yesterday's issue was a one off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just attended a mandatory work meeting via Microsoft Teams on my S23 Ultra. This is the first such meeting I've attended on this phone. I had no issues with my Note 20 Ultra.

In this morning's meeting, I could not be heard no matter what I did. I muted and unmuted. The phone was plugged in so I unplugged it. Still no go.

I could hear everything that was said. I used the chat feature, but I don't think anyone else knew it was there so no one responded.

I was logged in as a guest. That's the only way I can attend meetings on my phone. Everyone using personal phones must log in as a guest.

Any ideas on what I can try in the future if this happens again? It's entirely possible Teams will work perfectly next time I use it? Next time, participation may be more crucial and I'd like to be able to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Make sure all permission are on for that app including microphone, sometimes clearing cache then force stopping it can help when acts up so try that next time .