Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tcm1969
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I think ViperXL is breaking down!

Over the past couple of weeks some strange things have been going on. It started with apps seeming to open a little slower and flip board and Facebook constantly saying "no internet" when opened. Now, whenever I am in an app and go back to the home screen it's blank for 2 to 3 seconds before it repopulates with the clock, app shortcuts and the like. Yesterday when returning to the home screen it said "ui not responding" . All of my short cuts in widgets were there but behind them just black. It came back in 5 or 6 seconds but a weird side effect that has not corrected itself is that in the pull down notification, my toggles for wifi, screen brightness etc are now spaced so only 2 show on the screen at a time. I have to scroll to get to the other ones. This is all very strange. Any ideas?

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: I think ViperXL is breaking down!

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1969 View Post
    Over the past couple of weeks some strange things have been going on. It started with apps seeming to open a little slower and flip board and Facebook constantly saying "no internet" when opened. Now, whenever I am in an app and go back to the home screen it's blank for 2 to 3 seconds before it repopulates with the clock, app shortcuts and the like. Yesterday when returning to the home screen it said "ui not responding" . All of my short cuts in widgets were there but behind them just black. It came back in 5 or 6 seconds but a weird side effect that has not corrected itself is that in the pull down notification, my toggles for wifi, screen brightness etc are now spaced so only 2 show on the screen at a time. I have to scroll to get to the other ones. This is all very strange. Any ideas?

Make sure you are up to the newest version of viper, go to tweaks>misc>minfree settings and make sure it's on "stock" .. I've been running viper for well over a month, no issues like this. After you switch the minfree, clear cache and reboot
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    Make sure you are up to the newest version of viper, go to tweaks>misc>minfree settings and make sure it's on "stock" .. I've been running viper for well over a month, no issues like this. After you switch the minfree, clear cache and reboot
    I was on stock and have wiped cache & dav again. That seems to have cleared up the notification toggles. We'll see how it holds up.

Bizzle69 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was still having the same misc problems coming up until I loaded Nova launcher. It has been lightning fast and trouble free since install! Very happy again.
    I don't know what the bug in my stock launcher was.